Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone...

1. Build question.

I am a gamer (i.e., sometimes want to use Windows), but my main workload OS is MAC. In my case, buying hakintosh now is a good decision?
(I have RX 580 pulse and 1TB NVME already) I think M1 or upcoming m1X looks really good at good price. However, bootcamp might not be possible for a long time and upgrading ram/ssd makes it expensive. My 40~50% time would be playing game (some of them are only supported on Windows), and other 50% work would be photoshop and coding work.

My future build would be:
GPU: RX 580 (I already have), 1TB NVME (I already have)
Motherboard: Z490 Vision G ($240, Amazon)
Memory: 16GB CL16 3600 ($70, Amazon)
CPU: 10850K ($369, Microcenter or $400 at Amazon)
Wifi: Fenvi T919 ($60)
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S ($90, Amazon)
Thunderbolt: GC Titan Ridge ($90, Amazon)
----------
Total: $940~970 + tax

If you know better builds, Any other recommendations/suggestions?

2. I will try to use CaseSJ's golden build, but it looks like getting z490 vision D is not possible, and only its cousin Z490 Vision G is available. So, I am thinking to buy GC thunderbolt ridge. Does this device work OOB (i.e., natively support)? I looked up CaseSJ's threads which have around 100 pages, but I couldn't find anything related to GC Titan ridge (for Z490 build).

3. Also, I found that there are two different versions of GC Titan ridge (rev 1 or rev 2). Can I use any of them?

Any feedback suggestions, opinion would be appreciated!

Thank you so much!! :)

2. and 3.: Yes.
Having two drives for your two OS would help keeping it clean. You may consider an i10-10900 (no K!) instead of the 10850K if you don't intend to overclock. K and non-K appear to actually perform within a few % and a few watts of each other in this generation. Don't go for a F, the iGPU may be of help.
Don't wait to buy before the motherboard is sold out.

2. and 3.: Yes.
Having two drives for your two OS would help keeping it clean. You may consider an i10-10900 (no K!) instead of the 10850K if you don't intend to overclock. K and non-K appear to actually perform within a few % and a few watts of each other in this generation. Don't go for a F, the iGPU may be of help.
Don't wait to buy before the motherboard is sold out.
Thank you!

Hey @leekh3 - I've just completed this build yesterday, and apart from a couple of performance specs and 2xSSD, our builds are basically identical. So let me know how you get on / any quirks you come across!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back