Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

On my system the following behavior is seen with Ventura 13.3:

AppleVTD enabled:
  • Intel i225-V 2.5GbE port works fine; I have Revision 0x0002 (screenshot below)
  • Broadcom WiFi/BT does not connect, nor does it see any SSIDs
    • This used to work in Ventura 13.2
    • This problem does not happen with the same Fenvi card on other Hackintoshes that I own (Asus Z690, Gigabyte Z390)
For me as well and it's good to know that Z390Desi is not affected by this.
Could you confirm that Intel I219 ethernet is also not working?

AppleVTD enabled:
  • Intel i225-V 2.5GbE port works fine; I have Revision 0x0002 (screenshot below)
    • This problem does not happen with the same Fenvi card on other Hackintoshes that I own (Asus Z690, Gigabyte Z390)
AppleVTD disabled:
  • Intel 225-V 2.5GbE will only work if we inject AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext from Monterey and use boot argument e1000=0
  • Broadcom WiFi/BT connects and works properly
View attachment 565073
Attached is a newer SSDT-DMAR.aml, but the outcome is the same.
No joy trying this method. It works if I disable the VT-D but I do need that for antelope software. Ethernet is working fine but I need wifi for air drop.
Hopefully we can find a patch for this

Updated to Ventura 13.3 release, but still no WiFi and I219 ethernet when AppleVTD is activated. Is anyone experiencing the same?
I've macOs installed on 2 drives, 1 SSD and 1 NVME. I updated the os on the ssd and i lost them too. I will not do the update on the NVME.

AppleVTD enabled:

@CaseySJ,

I can confirm the above is also true on Z490 Vision G.

After MacOS 13.3 update with VTD enabled, i225 Ethernet is working fine but Broadcom WiFI is not despite it being detected correctly and attaching to the AirPortBrcmNIC kext :-
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 18.11.15.png
Like you it was working fine before the update, will try and find some time to dig deeper into the issue over the next few days ...

Cheers
Jay

N
@CaseySJ,

After MacOS 13.3 update with VTD enabled, i225 Ethernet is working fine but Broadcom WiFI is not despite it being detected correctly and attaching to the AirPortBrcmNIC kext :-
View attachment 565121
Like you it was working fine before the update, will try and find some time to dig deeper into the issue over the next few days ...

Cheers
Jay
@CaseySJ,

View attachment 565121

Cheers
Jay
Nice one Jay,

Will be following this thread closely.

Cliff

@CaseySJ,

View attachment 565121

Cheers
Jay
I’m thinking of disassembling and comparing the WiFi kexts in 13.2 and 13.3 to see what changed. If it’s a simple change we may be able to patch it.

On the other hand, 13.4 public beta 1 should be out in a day or two.

I, too, have lost Ethernet and WiFi after upgrading to Ventura 13.3.

Please advise how do I disable/enable AppleVTD?

Thanks.
it is mentioned in Post 1

Back