Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks again CaseySJ. For some reason, after I only added the kexts and rebooted, Bluetooth is working again.
Appreciate your help as always.

@CaseySJ Hi there, not sure if it is the right forum but recently (this happened after an opencore update from 0.8.3 to 0.8.5 from memory) when clicking on any of the macos icons (for instance bluetooth, wifi, user, etc.) in the toolbar at the top of the screen on the right hand side, the menu is displayed on the left hand side. This happens only when clicking Macos icon. I have other icons in my toolbar such as parallel toolbox, cleanmymac, switchresx, one drive, etc. and those ones work properly (the menu is displayed underneath the mouse cursor when I select those icons). Any idea what could be the cause? It is weird and started only after an opencore update. For info I always reset the nvram at the first reboot after upgrading to a new OC version.

@CaseySJ Hi there, not sure if it is the right forum but recently (this happened after an opencore update from 0.8.3 to 0.8.5 from memory) when clicking on any of the macos icons (for instance bluetooth, wifi, user, etc.) in the toolbar at the top of the screen on the right hand side, the menu is displayed on the left hand side. This happens only when clicking Macos icon. I have other icons in my toolbar such as parallel toolbox, cleanmymac, switchresx, one drive, etc. and those ones work properly (the menu is displayed underneath the mouse cursor when I select those icons). Any idea what could be the cause? It is weird and started only after an opencore update. For info I always reset the nvram at the first reboot after upgrading to a new OC version.
Hello @emistral,

Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

OpenCore is most likely not responsible. One can always go back to previous version of OpenCore. If OpenCore was updated using HackinDROM, then the previous EFI folder is zipped and backed-up in the EFI partition.

Hi @CaseySJ, I'll add another TB issue to your list, this time a non hot plug one. This is the first time I've tried using TB on this system, to connect a UA Apollo Firewire with a TB3 card. The Apollo works fine on my M1 MB Air and on Win 11 of this dual boot Z490 Vision D with: F5, Ventura 13.1, OC 0.8.8, non-flashed controller and a disabled Nvidia GPU in slot 2. I've tried the Boot Once and disabled options and tried restarting with the Apollo both on and off then turning on. Thunderbolt/USB4 in system report shows 'No drivers loaded'. IORegistry and OC config are as shown.

Any suggestions are appreciated and thanks for all your help to the community.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 11.04.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 12.03.54 PM.png

Trying to make sure AppleVTD was working I noted there was no entry in the OC Delete section for deleting the DMAR table so I tried adding it, but then when trying to save, it gave the following config error message and wouldn't save it until I addressed the error by adding the iMac 19.1 model and then saving the config.plist in the OC folder. After that I was unable to boot, getting the 'Configuration requires vault but no vault provided message' and so had to revert back to the prior EFI.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 3.32.37 PM.png

View attachment 563196

You shouldn’t have all those UIAC SSDTs enabled! Those are your USB maps and you should only have one of them enabled depending on what ports/functionalities you require.

Thanks @Higgie! I looked again at IORegistry and noted these new items:

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 6.03.32 PM.png

Still no TB drivers reported loaded in system report, but unlike earlier today was able to run the UA Apollo installer and now I'm looking at this:

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 6.12.57 PM.png

Thanks so much!

Thanks @Higgie! I looked again at IORegistry and noted these new items:

View attachment 563214

Still no TB drivers reported loaded in system report, but unlike earlier today was able to run the UA Apollo installer and now I'm looking at this:

View attachment 563215

Thanks so much!
You won’t see anything in the Thunderbolt section of System Report, as you don’t have a flashed controller. It will be under PCIE. Glad you got it working!

Back