Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I have one more question. I know the RX 7900 XT isn’t supported but is there any way I could have one installed and deactivate it for MacOS?
So that I could use the GPU for Windows and the iGPU on the hackintosh?
In Post 1 please refer to Troubleshooting / FAQ. Somewhere past the half way point is an article about disabling AMD RX 6800 GPU. The same applies to RX 7000

Here goes
Please try enabling both of these:
  • OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI -> SSDT-USBW.aml
  • OpenCore Configurator -> Kernel -> USBWakeFixup.kext

Please try enabling both of these:
  • OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI -> SSDT-USBW.aml
  • OpenCore Configurator -> Kernel -> USBWakeFixup.kext
So far so good. been up for about 24 hours without losing bluetooth so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thanks Casey

@CaseySJ Can you post EFI folder with latest Opencore? In HackinDROM I can see only 0.8.3
At the top of Post 1 is a list of references to OpenCore releases. Just under the reference for OpenCore 0.8.3 you’ll find “Update to Latest OpenCore”.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.38.52 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi,

I keep getting this error recurring on my Monterey NVMe.

I have run First Aid on all the partitions several times and the outcome is that all seems ok.

Any ideas? Should I rebuild from scratch?

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 28
  • First Aid Container Disk 2.txt
    5 KB · Views: 16
Hi,

I keep getting this error recurring on my Monterey NVMe.

I have run First Aid on all the partitions several times and the outcome is that all seems ok.

Any ideas? Should I rebuild from scratch?

I had that issue come up on Monterey when I was sorting out my USB SSDT. I reinstalled macOS and then used migration assistant to migrate over from a clone I had. Kept all my data and issue went away

The masochist in me is wondering if Ventura is problem-free on this platform. What has everyone's experience been? Seems when things are humming along, that's when I get the urge to mess with upgrades.

The masochist in me is wondering if Ventura is problem-free on this platform. What has everyone's experience been? Seems when things are humming along, that's when I get the urge to mess with upgrades.
Works great, just upgraded to 13.2. I've been on Venture since it was available. The only issue I've experienced is unwanted "wake from sleep" now and again, but thanks to Jaymonkey this has been resolved. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cheduled-wake-from-sleep.323359/#post-2352793

Hi,

I'm having troubles getting file sharing to work with my setup an macOS Ventura 13.2
I know that it's often a problem with files sharing is Ventura, but I got it to work in 2 macMinis so I was wondering if there is something particular about my Hackintosh.

Is anyone able to share drive with other Macs? What Opencore version do you use?
Anything particular with the config.plist?

Thanks
Michele

Back