macOS 11.5.2
Yes, tried reset NVRAM
keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=80

boots after these boot-arguments

keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 -v
Some suggestions:
  • Because you have RX590, it's not necessary to use agdpmod=pikera
  • Check that WhateverGreen.kext is enabled in Kernel section of config.plist
  • Are you using a Samsung television? If so, check the TV's manual for PC connection guidelines. Also check if the TV has had a recent firmware update

** OpenCore 0.8.8 Released **

We can update using the "right-click" method in HackinDROM Application:

That is a darn good spot! Easy to miss with the untrained eye! :thumbup:

And just to add ... I haven't seen any "faults" in the correct version of ocvalidate, matched to the booting OpenCore version.

Not so.

I've just run 0.8.7 against the sample.plist ...

View attachment 560937

Simple to double-check ... so the above explanation for the behaviour does not apply.

Must be an error elsewhere, sorry.
Yeah. The error does not show in OCvalidate, only config validator. The latter must be the issue.

This is possibly not a question for this forum but I will ask anyway since I have the same system as others.

Since I upgraded my Z490 Vision D to Big Sur and Monterey, I am no longer able to connect to external NAS Servers using the SMB Protocol. This works fine when I boot Windows 11 with all identical connections.

I have checked the IP address as stated in the error.

Any ideas what the cause might be?

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
This is possibly not a question for this forum but I will ask anyway since I have the same system as others.

Since I upgraded my Z490 Vision D to Big Sur and Monterey, I am no longer able to connect to external NAS Servers using the SMB Protocol. This works fine when I boot Windows 11 with all identical connections.

I have checked the IP address as stated in the error.

Any ideas what the cause might be?
This may be a problem with older NAS devices that only support an older version of SMB. Windows continues to support those versions, but macOS only supports the latest.

Is there a firmware update for your NAS? Do you know which version of SMB the NAS supports?

This may be a problem with older NAS devices that only support an older version of SMB. Windows continues to support those versions, but macOS only supports the latest.

Is there a firmware update for your NAS? Do you know which version of SMB the NAS supports?
Thanks for your response.

It is an old NAS and has the latest firmware from its time but I have four of them and would like to continue using them if possible as they have been great workhorses. I can upload files to them using Windows which will do if there is no macOS solution.

The model is Xtreamer eTrayz, and it is very old. So I guess it would not support the latest SMB. Is it possible to get macOS to work with an older version of SMB?

Thanks for your response.

It is an old NAS and has the latest firmware from its time but I have four of them and would like to continue using them if possible as they have been great workhorses. I can upload files to them using Windows which will do if there is no macOS solution.

The model is Xtreamer eTrayz, and it is very old. So I guess it would not support the latest SMB. Is it possible to get macOS to work with an older version of SMB?
I had the same issue with Big Sur using a Drobo 5N. It would randomly drop connection on both Ethernet ports after the upgrade from Catalina. Catalina never had an issue.

Hi, everyone!

Many thanks to this amazing community, including @CaseySJ for all their help! I recently installed two Samsung 970 EVO Plus into my 10900k/Gigabyte z490 Vision G setup. However, I get constant NVMe kernel panics. I've already switched M.2 slots, ignoring the one closest to the CPU since I don't have PCIe 4 or 11th gen. I also tried several versions of NVMe fix. The panics happen within 5-10 minutes of the system being on. Should I just get rid of the Samsung and go for WD SN750, as it seems to be the part of the trusted hardware for hackintosh NVMe? if not, what would be the recommended brands/models of NVMe SSD (looking for 2TB)? Thanks.

Hi, everyone!

Many thanks to this amazing community, including @CaseySJ for all their help! I recently installed two Samsung 970 EVO Plus into my 10900k/Gigabyte z490 Vision G setup. However, I get constant NVMe kernel panics. I've already switched M.2 slots, ignoring the one closest to the CPU since I don't have PCIe 4 or 11th gen. I also tried several versions of NVMe fix. The panics happen within 5-10 minutes of the system being on. Should I just get rid of the Samsung and go for WD SN750, as it seems to be the part of the trusted hardware for hackintosh NVMe? if not, what would be the recommended brands/models of NVMe SSD (looking for 2TB)? Thanks.
Hello @grandosegood

The problem could be related to Ethernet, BIOS version and/or NVMe. If the same system with the same BIOS and same version of macOS has been running successfully for some time, and the only change is the switch from some other brand of SSD to Samsung EVO Plus, then of course the suspicion would fall primarily on the Samsung.

So:
  • Has the system been running properly for some time?
  • If so, was it using a different NVMe SSD or perhaps a 2.5” SATA SSD instead?
  • Has there been a BIOS change?
  • If Ethernet cable is disconnected, does the system work properly?

Back