Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Would anybody share i225-Vmod.zip

See my post at the top of the previous page :-

Cheers
Jay

OpenCore Configurator 2.65.0.0 is now available. Please set it to "0.8.7 Release Configuration".
Hi, @CaseySJ! I tried to use your guide for Thunderbolt Bus Activation but links are broken with this message "Oops! We ran into some problems"

@cliffDeane,

I have Gigabyte Z490 Vision G and have no problems with waking Ventura 13.0.1 from sleep.
Make sure you have SSDT-USBW if you want to wake via the keyboard.
I did, however, see this issue with Ventura 13.0.

The only real issue with Ventura Sleep is that it is no longer possible to disable scheduled power management wakes via the command sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0, this issue is effecting Hackintosh systems and genuine Apple Mac's.

See this post for more info :-

Cheers
Jay
Hi jay,

Thank you for your input. I have tried those suggestions. My issue is not it waking from sleep randomly. It's that it just won't wake from sleep at all. (I also had the SSDT-USBW present as suggested)

I also have a Z490 Asus prime A build and that build has no issues. It also has " tcpkeepalive" present in the when I put "pmset -g" into terminal.

The only difference I have with both builds is that my z490 Vision D has kext less USB mapping as I did it via ACPI.
My other build uses a kext only for USB mapping. I really don't think that could be the issue as this has worked flawless since Big Sur.

Might you or anyone else have some more suggestions to solve this and help me out?

Cliff

Hi, @CaseySJ! I tried to use your guide for Thunderbolt Bus Activation but links are broken with this message "Oops! We ran into some problems"
Thanks for letting me know. Will fix the links soon.

Can someone please direct me to a tutorial on how to upgrade macOS on this setup? I have Big Sur now and would like to upgrade to Venture. Thank you in advance.

Can someone please direct me to a tutorial on how to upgrade macOS on this setup? I have Big Sur now and would like to upgrade to Venture. Thank you in advance.
You need to learn how to use site search so that
you can search this thread for answers. Like this:

Screen Shot 1.jpg

We should be able to do an in-place upgrade, but:
  • Try to update all third-party apps and plug-ins to latest versions that are Ventura-compatible
  • Make a full bootable backup of Big Sur first because things can go wrong!
  • config.plist changes:
    • Set SecureBootModel to Default (not Disabled)
    • Set csr-active-config to 00000000
  • Probably best to disconnect Ethernet cables and disconnect any Thunderbolt devices

@CaseySJ, I use a CH341A, i remove CPU, RAM, and everything before read-save-load-write-test, thanx
Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 6.48.00 PM.png

Back