Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, can you update the EFI folder for installation with the latest opencore? Thanks in advance.

Hi @CaseySJ, can you update the EFI folder for installation with the latest opencore? Thanks in advance.
At the top of Post 1 there's a link to updating OpenCore using HackinDROM. I've copied it below for convenience:

New Z490 Vision D boards are nearly impossible to find these days. There are a few left though. Came across this on Ebay. The seller must have bought up a large stockpile yet never deployed them. A bit high priced but for a pro audio hackintosh build, probably worth it. UHD630 graphics will supplant the need to buy a high priced graphics card that may cost 200-300 dollars these days.

s-l1600.jpg

Ships to most countries except for: Barbados, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Libya, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Venezuela

Last edited:
Hi,
Quick question: I'm planning to upgrade my dual boot Windows 10 to Windows 11 (directly from the ISO i've downloaded).
Is it safer to disconnect OSX NVME (and maybe internal system backup SSD) before trying like a clean install?
Windows 11 is better behaved than Windows 10, but anything can still happen so it’s best to remove OSX drives to be safe.

Hi,
For some time now (I don't know if it's after upgrading to Ventura or just before), I have had this little problem : incoming videos from Facetime freeze after one second. I have seen that many people have encountered the same problem but could not find a solution. The graphic problem is also visible on photoshop when I open several pictures, it displays part of one picture embedded in another one and it goes away when I zoom in. I guess the problem appeared at the same time.
In a nutshell, I believe it is connected with whatever green, but testing several configurations (with no shikigva, or shikigva=128, or no dart=0) did not improve anything. My hardware configuration has not changed since I set up my hachintosh, my RX580 is working well, iGPU is on, no problem to decode Netflix or appleTV+.
Any idea?

I've been running it since July! Works very well, but it may take some time to adjust to the new Settings... window. It's not "System Preferences" anymore.
Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade to Ventura but the system keeps crashing the window server and the system altogether. Been reading that it might be an issue with the graphics card? I have a RX570.

Open core 0.8.6

Any experiences on that matter?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade to Ventura but the system keeps crashing the window server and the system altogether. Been reading that it might be an issue with the graphics card? I have a RX570.

Open core 0.8.6

Any experiences on that matter?

Cheers
RX570 is perfectly okay to use. Are you upgrading from Monterey?

Which version of BIOS is installed?

When you say “I have just tried to upgrade” does that mean the upgrade never completed? And the Window server crashes are occurring during the installation process?

I was upgrading from Big Sur. Vision G BIOS is F6.

The upgrade completed and the system runs, but crashes all the time after logging in for normal use.

Back