Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I can also see that superduper has copied 750GB. However if I mount the disk and use either "Get info" or disk utility, it shows that only 350GB are used.
am I missing something? I ran CCC and I had something similar.
Was the copy to an APFS drive?
Could also be cache files or other misc stuff may have been set to not copy over. I always used CarbonCopyCloner and I believe it is set to skip certain files. But 400gb is alot to skip over. hmm.

Where can I get the kext? The link is broken and Ventura doesnt have it.

AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext
I think pacifist will work with the Monterey, could you extract it from the Install macOS Monterey file?

The needed AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext
is inside Monterey
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

Thanks a ton for this guide, it's unreal. My build is working almost perfectly, with the only issue bothering me is that SATA/ntfs drives only appear after cold boots, and don't show after reboots. M.2's show up just fine either way.

F21 BIOS, 10900K on Monterey. Issue has persisted through various EFI's and earlier on Big Sur. Currently on the base EFI hackindrom creates and updated to OC 0.8.6

Was the copy to an APFS drive?
Could also be cache files or other misc stuff may have been set to not copy over. I always used CarbonCopyCloner and I believe it is set to skip certain files. But 400gb is alot to skip over. hmm.
Yes it was. Superduper (or CCC) will erase the disk and reinitialise it in any case.
However something is weird. When I run Cleanmymac, the "data" volume" is 350GB although cleanmymac shows that 750GB on the disk is used. The same "data" volume under disk utility show that 750GB is used. I can't figure out where the other 400GB are!
I just ran another tool Disk Space analyser inspector (from the app store) and after a scan I had the following result:
1667991133373.png

The blue section on the left, when I mouse hover it states "Inaccessible disk space: size 435GB". Any idea what this could be? That could explain why only 350GB is cloned but I still would like to recover that 435GB if possible. Any good tool under mac similar to disk management in windows (where you can see unallocated space for instance). It seems to be system data and maybe other users although there is only one usr but under the users fodler I can see 4 other useers (builder, macports, shared and myself).

Last edited:
The blue section on the left, when I mouse hover it states "Inaccessible disk space: size 435GB". Any idea what this could be?

@emistral,

It could be MacOS Time Machine local snapshots ..

Use this guide to check if that's the case, you can then delete them and disable them :-

Cheers
Jay

@emistral,

Good place to look! I didn't even think of Time Machine as I never use it... but I was leaning in the direction of snapshots, as this happens alot with zfs. snapshots end up holding on to the space until you delete the snapshots. And now with the introduction of, APFS snapshots come into play...

@emistral,

Use this guide to check if that's the case, you can then delete them and disable them :-

Cheers
Jay
I will have a look as well. Never thought of Time Machine since I don't use it as well.

I had a look and it was notTime Machine. However, running a tmutil command line to list the snapshots, I noticed a snapshot under the name "bombich" which is the editor of CCC. And indeed there was a 371GB snapshot created a year ago!

Thanks for the help. I got my 375GB back :)

Last edited:
After upgrade to Ventura 13.0.1, I got error by OpenCore 0.8.6:

opencore 0newUserClient: invalid userClient Type request

is there a way to fix it?

Apple Watch not unlocking Computer

Background:

• Gigabyte Z490 Vision D has been performing very well on OC-0.73 and Big Sur.
  • Have kept that system and boot EFI on a SSD installed in Computer.
  • Cloned drive to new Crucial® P5 1000GB 3D NAND NVMe™ PCIe® M.2 SSD
  • The M.2 SSD ran very well under Big Sur including Apple Watch unlocking.
  • Updated OS to Monterey and experienced freezing and crashing on OC-0.73.
  • Updated Open Core to OC-0.86 using HackinDROM and system is stable again.
  • Everything functions except my Apple Watch does not unlock the computer.
  • It is setup for the Apple Watch to unlock in System Preferences.
  • Have never been able to get the Apple Watch to unlock the computer running Monterey.

Have tried:
  • Turning off Apple Watch locking, rebooting and turning it on again. Sets up quickly.
  • In Keychain Access removed the invisible items "Auto Unlock" and "AutoUnlock" and restarted.
  • Booting into Big Sur with OC-0.86 works and Apple Watch unlocks as normal.
  • My Apple Watch unlocks my M1 MacBook Air.

Any suggestions for my next steps?
It’s only a little problem, but once you get used to it, automatic unlocking is very nice to have.

Back