Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

How is Ventura support for this config? Are there any issues in terms of stability or usability?

How is Ventura support for this config? Are there any issues in terms of stability or usability?
I've been running it since July! Works very well, but it may take some time to adjust to the new Settings... window. It's not "System Preferences" anymore.

I've been running it since July! Works very well, but it may take some time to adjust to the new Settings... window. It's not "System Preferences" anymore.
BTW, I recently read an article on Verntura's Settings, and the author recommend copy the Monterey System Preference app to Venutra. (I can't remember the article/author nor link where I read this "tip".)

I haven't tried this, yet, but I'm sure gonna try this advice while getting use to Ventura's new way of doing things.

BTW, I recently read an article on Verntura's Settings, and the author recommend copy the Monterey System Preference app to Venutra. (I can't remember the article/author nor link where I read this "tip".)

I haven't tried this, yet, but I'm sure gonna try this advice while getting use to Ventura's new way of doing things.
I did this early on, but have since acclimated to the new Settings.

The link points to 2x16GB modules, so for 64GB are you using 4 of those modules? If so, there are all sorts of XMP-related issues when 4 DIMMs are installed. It would be better to use 2x32GB modules instead.
Yes, 4 modules. I wasn't aware of that and that's really disappointing to hear. Really wasn't wanting to swap out the RAM given the other upgrades I'm doing, especially since it's worked for 2+ years. Thanks for letting know me that it's a known issue. Guess I need to do more research.

Last edited:
Yes, 4 modules. I wasn't aware of that and that's really disappointing to hear. Really wasn't wanting to swap out the RAM given the other upgrades I'm doing, especially since it's worked for 2+ years. Thanks for letting know me that it's a known issue. Guess I need to do more research.
I really wish manufacturers would be more forthcoming of these issues. On the other hand they do publish a list of tested/verified memory modules. It may be a good idea to consult that list for this board. It is available on the Gigabyte product page for the Z490 Vision D.

Does this can be used in Gigabyte Z590 Vision D motherboard?

Hi all,
I have running superduper for the first time a couple of days ago and encounttered an issue (if it is an issue). While running superduper, superduper is copying my entire system disk (around 750GB). When the cloning task is completed and I look at the log I can also see that superduper has copied 750GB. However if I mount the disk and use either "Get info" or disk utility, it shows that only 350GB are used.
am I missing something? I ran CCC and I had something similar.

Last edited:
Back