Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

her is the requested screenshot:
View attachment 556411
That’s perfectly normal. It just means you can reinstall 0.8.3 if you want to. To upgrade to 0.8.5, simply use the right-click method. That’s because I haven’t uploaded 0.8.4 or 0.8.5 to HackinDROM because HackinDROM can upgrade to 0.8.5 automatically.

That’s perfectly normal. It just means you can reinstall 0.8.3 if you want to. To upgrade to 0.8.5, simply use the right-click method. That’s because I haven’t uploaded 0.8.4 or 0.8.5 to HackinDROM because HackinDROM can upgrade to 0.8.5 automatically.
Thanks. I thought that this message was the result of a possible corruption on my Oc 0.8.3.
I was about to update when I got this validation error message:
Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 10.02.52 pm.png

I had a look at my config.plist but those flags are already unticked (assuming that unticked = false) as per the following screenshot:
1666352360238.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought that this message was the result of a possible corruption on my Oc 0.8.3.
On a different note, I know I asked this question but that was probably a year ago but I'll try again since there are close to 1000 pages now and I might have missed a few. is there a PCIe wifi card that works on monterey and support AX? I know there are a few supporting AC but was wondering if there were AX one. I am currently using ethernet to connect with system but liked to use wifi and not AC if possible. I don't wnt to use openlesswifi since from memory - unless it is different now - it only supports AC. Thanks
Alas there’s no Broadcom-based WiFi 6 card on the market that I’m aware of. I would be very interested in such a card myself!

OpenIntelWireless may be able to support WiFi 6 at some point.

Alas there’s no Broadcom-based WiFi 6 card on the market that I’m aware of. I would be very interested in such a card myself!

OpenIntelWireless may be able to support WiFi 6 at some point.
@CaseySJ Actually there might be something that could work. I did some investigation a while ago and was about to order the various parts then forgot about it.
Mini pcie wifi6 (AX) with broadcom chipset:
https://www.524wifi.com/index.php/8...nd-bt-5-0-usb-broadcom-bcm43752-801-11ax.html (although out of stock on this website therte are a few other ones where it is available)

mini pcie to pcie adapter:
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B006K24RA6/ (might need to drill some holes for the antenna

Then need to find antenna with IPEX MHF1 connectors for the mini pcie card

I might try again

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank you for your help. I'm building a hack to take on the road for gaming/editing, and wanted to inquire about Thunderbolt 3, particular the Gigabyte Titan Ridge add-in card (GC-Titan Ridge):

It seems if I flash custom firmware, I'll gain Thunderbolt bus and compatibility for more devices, but loose the ability use the card in Windows.

If I don't use custom firmware (just use original, updated firmware), is it still possible to have hot plug enabled in macOS? I'd like to have hot plug in both Windows and macOS, then decide later if I need the features offered by flashing custom firmware. Is this possible? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank you for your help. I'm building a hack to take on the road for gaming/editing, and wanted to inquire about Thunderbolt 3, particular the Gigabyte Titan Ridge add-in card (GC-Titan Ridge):

It seems if I flash custom firmware, I'll gain Thunderbolt bus and compatibility for more devices, but loose the ability use the card in Windows.

If I don't use custom firmware (just use original, updated firmware), is it still possible to have hot plug enabled in macOS? I'd like to have hot plug in both Windows and macOS, then decide later if I need the features offered by flashing custom firmware. Is this possible? Thanks.
Non flashed Vision D board here with hot plug enabled :thumbup:

I would like to remove FV-T919 WiFi/BT card and using just Bluetooth onboard Intel card for my magic mouse, keyboard and WiFi, I tried different settings for that, but unfortunately without success. Its possible already on Ventura?

I would like to remove FV-T919 WiFi/BT card and using just Bluetooth onboard Intel card for my magic mouse, keyboard and WiFi, I tried different settings for that, but unfortunately without success. Its possible already on Ventura?
Please see this post:

@CaseySJ Actually there might be something that could work. I did some investigation a while ago and was about to order the various parts then forgot about it.
Mini pcie wifi6 (AX) with broadcom chipset:
https://www.524wifi.com/index.php/8...nd-bt-5-0-usb-broadcom-bcm43752-801-11ax.html (although out of stock on this website therte are a few other ones where it is available)

mini pcie to pcie adapter:
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B006K24RA6/ (might need to drill some holes for the antenna

Then need to find antenna with IPEX MHF1 connectors for the mini pcie card

I might try again
Interesting idea! The SparkLAN WPEB-265AXI with Broadcom BCM43752 chipset is available (in stock) at a local retailer. I wonder, however, whether the Intel version of macOS contains the driver. Apple Silicon Macs support Broadcom WiFi 6, but not Intel-based Macs...

Update:
  • In IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext there's a plug-in named AirPortBrcmNIC.kext
  • This only supports WiFi 5
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 7.06.19 AM.png

• There's also IO80211Family.kext without the word 'legacy', but its Info.plist does not enumerate a list of supported devices.

Last edited:
Back