Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

hi all i am getting the following errors before the open core screen - I guess my plist isn't right? thanks for any guidance

OCS:No schema for FullNvramAcesss at 5 index, context <tools)!
OCS: No type match for NVRAM at 5 index, expected type data got dict, context <root>
HDA : controller reset - time out

hi all i am getting the following errors before the open core screen - I guess my plist isn't right? thanks for any guidance

OCS:No schema for FullNvramAcesss at 5 index, context <tools)!
OCS: No type match for NVRAM at 5 index, expected type data got dict, context <root>
HDA : controller reset - time out

Hi.

That usually signifies that you are using a config.plist for an older version of OpenCore than the one in place. As OC is still in beta with each update there are new features added and old ones deprecated. The two "OCS:" lines in your error actually tell you where the problem occurred.

If you are using the OpenCore Configurator app to edit your config.plist then you need to ensure you are using the correct, corresponding version. It is updated for each new OC version.

After each edit you should run your config.plist through the 'ocvalidate' app which is included with each OpenCore package. It's in the Utilities folder. Drag it onto an open Terminal window, then drag your config.plist onto the same line and run the command. This will check your work and highlight any errors.

:)

Hi, I have a little question. For quite a while now, I have noticed that, every now and then, my Noctua NH-U12A only has on fan running out of two after booting. I have two other fans in the case, so I had to use a splitter for the ventirad. Anyway, when this happens, I open the case, unplug the one cable that does not bring any current, plug it back and the fan spins. I was wondering if there is a setting in the BIOS to increase the voltage output for fans.

Assuming if I get brave enough to try Ventura next week I will need OC 0.8.5 at the least? I will probably do a CCC clone first anyway, but when a new OS comes out I get both brave and careless, so I was hoping you guys would save me from the pain, especially those of you who have been successfully using the beta.

Hi all and @CaseySJ
I recently changed my SMBIOS with iMac Pro 1.1 (previously with iMac 19.1) and was able to get hardware acceleration on VideoProc Converter.
I am wondering if there is a major issue moving to iMacPro compared with iMac 19.1 for other purpose I would not be aware.
Thanks for your help as usual !

Last edited:
Hi, I have a little question. For quite a while now, I have noticed that, every now and then, my Noctua NH-U12A only has on fan running out of two after booting. I have two other fans in the case, so I had to use a splitter for the ventirad. Anyway, when this happens, I open the case, unplug the one cable that does not bring any current, plug it back and the fan spins. I was wondering if there is a setting in the BIOS to increase the voltage output for fans.
Unfortunately voltage output on each fan header is fixed in hardware. But there shouldn’t be a problem connecting two fans to one header via a splitter…

Hi,
Just updated to OC 0.8.5 successfully. However, I've noticed that when I changed to 0.8.5 in OpenCore Configurator, it asks me if i wanted to choose MOD, what is MOD version? (I choose Official.)
Yes we should choose Official. The other option is for an alternative or forked version of OpenCore.

Assuming if I get brave enough to try Ventura next week I will need OC 0.8.5 at the least? I will probably do a CCC clone first anyway, but when a new OS comes out I get both brave and careless, so I was hoping you guys would save me from the pain, especially those of you who have been successfully using the beta.
Depending on which version of OpenCore you’re currently using, it may not be strictly necessary to update it first. But it’s generally a good idea to use the latest.

Back