Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please try the suggestion in screenshot below:
View attachment 553748
Hi Casey,

Once again your help is greatly appreciated.

I am ashamed that I did not noticed that option. :S

My 10GbE NIC is back but unfortunally it does not get a normal IP adres. Only a 169.254.118.40 adres.

Do you know something else I can try to fix this?

Hi Casey,

Once again your help is greatly appreciated.

I am ashamed that I did not noticed that option. :S

My 10GbE NIC is back but unfortunally it does not get a normal IP adres. Only a 169.254.118.40 adres.

Do you know something else I can try to fix this?
Two suggestions:
  • First, let’s check if AppleVTD is enabled. Simply run IORegistryExplorer and look for “AppleVTD” near the top of the device tree on left side of the window.
  • Second, do you also have Windows installed on this computer? If so, when you run Windows and then run macOS, the 10GbE port may not work properly. The solution is to perform a cold boot — shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 5-10 seconds, then power back up.

Two suggestions:
  • First, let’s check if AppleVTD is enabled. Simply run IORegistryExplorer and look for “AppleVTD” near the top of the device tree on left side of the window.
  • Second, do you also have Windows installed on this computer? If so, when you run Windows and then run macOS, the 10GbE port may not work properly. The solution is to perform a cold boot — shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 5-10 seconds, then power back up.
I have no Windows running but I did the cold boot again. Unfortunally it did not do the trick.

Also looked for AppleVTD by running ioreg. But there is no mention of AppleVTD.

Could that be the problem?

I did not change Intel vt-d in my bios. Do you think it is required for this version of macos/opencore?

My 10GbE NIC is a PCIe card and no external NIC.

***a few hours later***

YESS!!! enabling intel VT-d did the trick.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
Hi, me again ;)

I have a small question. Don't know if it is related to my configuration or whatever.

Now when I use FCPX (10.6.4) and I add a Title to a empty 8K project it takes about 15 min to render in the background without anything else running. Also GPU says 99% memory used. Even after the background render my GPU Memory used stays at 99%

Does anyone know if this has something to do with the latest update to 12.5.1 or latest update to OpenCore 0.8.3?

Did a clean install and still this problem occurs.

Anyone?

now i back from 13 to 12.5.1 and find a bug:
after i turn on XMP from 2400Mhz to 3200Mhz in BIOS, the CPU load of bluetooth is 100% when waking up.
can anybody help me?

now i back from 13 to 12.5.1 and find a bug:
after i turn on XMP from 2400Mhz to 3200Mhz in BIOS, the CPU load of bluetooth is 100% when waking up.
can anybody help me?
Simply disable (uncheck) the following two items in config.plist:
  • ACPI --> SSDT-USBW.aml
  • Kernel --> USBWakeFixup.kext
Then reboot and check again.

With the recent GPU flood, I am considering upgrading my RX570 4GB to something better. I have a 144Hz 4K 28" monitor with freesync premium and gsync/vrr. What card can I get that can do promotion, or at least 120Hz in the latest Monterey build (12.5.1)?

Anything plug-and-play? Rx 6700xt or RX6800 may be getting cheap soon.

Back