Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

12.5.1? supposed to have some important security updates.

When the macOS installer boots up (3rd screenshot in your previous post), are you running Disk Utility and formatting the Catalina SSD as follows?
  • Name: Any name
  • Format: APFS
  • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Also, check if MinDate and MinVersion are both set to -1 as shown below:
View attachment 553264
Finally, does the install process actually begin? And the system performs a reboot? If so, at the OpenCore Boot Picker, is Macintosh HD automatically selected? If not, we need to select that. After a couple more reboots, Macintosh HD will disappear from the boot picker. At that point we need to select the name of the Catalina disk instead.
Success! At last with the awesome help of CaseySJ I now have a 1 TB M2 PCIe drive with Catalina 10.15.7 and Monterey 12.5.1. I have Windows 11 on another M2. Everything except wifi and bluetooth is working perfectly.
The problem with the Catalina install was the APFS being set to 0 instead of -1.

I found a bug that the CPU load of power process is 100% and can not go to sleep in macOS 13 public beta 3.
After research I found the solution:
1. Get into Terminal
2. Execute the command: sudo pmset schedule cancelall
3. Reboot system. (This step must be done, otherwise when you wake up ,the issue will go back again.)
Thank you, Thank you. I did a completely clean installation for Ventura Public Beta 3 added all my apps, no migration. Sleep was fine then it just broke. Went nuts trying to find a solution and I saw this post. Works perfectly now.

Is there a way to get this stupid motherboard to default boot to IGFX? My Z390 has setting for default IGFX or PCIe. This Z490 board does not.

I have a RTX 3080 Ti and the -wenoegpu flag set so that macOS ignores it, but the BIOS insists on booting to the RTX. If I leave the monitor on HDMI, I get a black screen. Eventually, the macOS user screen login screen pops up. But to change or see the OpenCore Boot Screen and the macOS boot process, I have to switch the monitor to DisplayPort and use the nVidia card. Then switch the input mid boot to HDMI (IGFX).

Very Frustrating. :banghead:

Is there a way to get this stupid motherboard to default boot to IGFX? My Z390 has setting for default IGFX or PCIe. This Z490 board does not.

I have a RTX 3080 Ti and the -wenoegpu flag set so that macOS ignores it, but the BIOS insists on booting to the RTX. If I leave the monitor on HDMI, I get a black screen. Eventually, the macOS user screen login screen pops up. But to change or see the OpenCore Boot Screen and the macOS boot process, I have to switch the monitor to DisplayPort and use the nVidia card. Then switch the input mid boot to HDMI (IGFX).

Very Frustrating. :banghead:
  • Have you tried setting Initial Display Output to IGFX as shown below?
  • Is Internal Graphics set to Enabled (not Auto) as shown below?

F5d-IO Ports.png

• Have you tried setting Initial Display Output to IGFX as shown below?
  • Is Internal Graphics set to Enabled (not Auto) as shown below?

Um...(wtf!! :confused:) That option (#1) for Initial Display Output ceased to be in my BIOS! That is exactly the option I was looking for. I have seen it in all other builds I've made that are gigabyte boards.

(#2) Internal Graphics is set to Enabled. (Line #2 is the first line in my Settings page. :confused::crazy:)

(#3) Above 4G Decoding is Enabled.

Hmm... may be time to try a BIOS reflash... though thinking back, I don't ever (since day 1 of using this board) recall seeing the Initial Display Option displayed in the Settings page!
bios image.jpg

Last edited:
Um...(wtf!! :confused:) That option (#1) for Initial Display Output ceased to be in my BIOS!

[..]
Hmm... may be time to try a BIOS reflash... though thinking back, I don't ever (since day 1 of using this board) recall seeing the Initial Display Option displayed in the Settings page!

Hi there
Don’t flash another BIOS - Enable CSM support thing, then go back, it should appear magically.

Hi there
Don’t flash another bios - Enable CSM support thing, then go back, it should appear magically.
OMFG! :thumbup:

Thank you @CaseySJ for the pic comfirming the setting actually exists...
and
Thank you @m4rk0 for supplying the magic.

Hi there everybody,

It has been a long time since I visited this site. But got a new problem and I hope someone knows the answer.

Today I upgraded to 12.5.1 from 12.1 And also from open code 0.7.7 to 0.8.3

After installation I noticed that my Aqua 10GbE PCIe card does not work anymore. And the patch was also gone in the config.plist. I added it again like I used to do but it does not show up anymore. :(

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Greetings,
John

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2022-08-25 om 22.41.51.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-08-25 om 22.41.51.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 22
Hi there everybody,

It has been a long time since I visited this site. But got a new problem and I hope someone knows the answer.

Today I upgraded to 12.5.1 from 12.1 And also from open code 0.7.7 to 0.8.3

After installation I noticed that my Aqua 10GbE PCIe card does not work anymore. And the patch was also gone in the config.plist. I added it again like I used to do but it does not show up anymore. :(

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Greetings,
John
Please try the suggestion in screenshot below:
Schermafbeelding 2022-08-25 om 22.41.51.png

Back