Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I pressed Enter but it was very difficult to edit the content.
When I type characters, I got a strange behaviour from the editor.
Lines were added and I could not delete them afterwards.
I switched my keyboard to US format but I had even more problems then I came back to French and still had as much difficulty to write Monterey instead of Big Sur.

I restarted, got a text line boot instead of icons.
I tried to edit .disk_label.contentDetails again and finally by some miracle I managed to write Monterey on the first line but the file now contains 10 lines.

Since then everything works and I don't dare touch anything.
I've just added basic "vi" instructions to that guide:

Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 3.08.51 PM.png

I found a bug that the CPU load of power process is 100% and can not go to sleep in macOS 13 public beta 3.
After research I found the solution:
1. Get into Terminal
2. Execute the command: sudo pmset schedule cancelall
3. Reboot system. (This step must be done, otherwise when you wake up ,the issue will go back again.)

So, I have a successful OpenCore Bootloader v. 0.8.3 for my Asus ProArt Z490 Creator. My problem now is that, when I try to install Catalina, it will look as if everything is going perfect. But, when it restarts, it will go back to the beginning, and it will not complete the install. I've tried many time with no resolve. Anyone have info about this problem?

So, I have a successful OpenCore Bootloader v. 0.8.3 for my Asus ProArt Z490 Creator. My problem now is that, when I try to install Catalina, it will look as if everything is going perfect. But, when it restarts, it will go back to the beginning, and it will not complete the install. I've tried many time with no resolve. Anyone have info about this problem?
Quick question: For Catalina installation, is SecureBootModel set to Disabled?

Your NVRAM is woking?

I found a bug that the CPU load of power process is 100% and can not go to sleep in macOS 13 public beta 3.
After research I found the solution:
1. Get into Terminal
2. Execute the command: sudo pmset schedule cancelall
3. Reboot system. (This step must be done, otherwise when you wake up ,the issue will go back again.)
** Ventura Public Beta #3 Sleep Problem **

Thanks for bringing this to our attention -- I saw a discussion of this on another website a few days ago.

With Ventura Public Beta 3, it is indeed necessary to invoke sudo pmset schedule cancelall in order to enable proper sleep/wake behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back