Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It’s possible that both the Mac and Windows disks have a Microsoft folder in the EFI partition, and one of those folders (the one on Mac disk) is faulty.

Simply boot macOS with all drives connected, mount EFI partition of both the Mac and Windows drives, and post screenshots of the two EFI folders opened up.
Attached! I reinstalled windows (upgraded, I think the option was called) without loosing files or apps and now was able to boot the drive. Attached Mac drive and I can still boot Windows, but only directly, not using OpenCore. When trying to boot to Windows from OpenCore I get the same just hanging on a black screen issue.

Attachments

• Mac EFI 1.png
    Mac EFI 1.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Mac EFI 2.png
    Mac EFI 2.png
    972 KB · Views: 30
  • Mac EFI 3.png
    Mac EFI 3.png
    921 KB · Views: 32
  • Windows EFI.png
    Windows EFI.png
    831.4 KB · Views: 36
Hi mishealgouhar,
I also have the Z490 Vision D and I have the same problem with the Mac address of the two LAN cards, that is, they have the same MAC address in the BIOS, in fact even on Windows 11 I can use them one at a time .... You have solved this problem simply flashing the previous version of the BIOS? I currently have the F21. Let me know please.
Nobody answered me, but I solved it myself. If this happens to someone, this is the solution:

1. Go to this Github page

Preparations​

• BIOS
    • enable VT-d
    • Add OpenShell to OC/Tools and config.plist (it's contained in the OpenCore Pkg)
    • Disable/remove DeviceProperties for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
    • Disable/remove boot-arg dk.e1000=0
    • Uncheck Kernel/Quirks DisableIOMapper
    • Under ACPI/add, disable the DMAR replacement table
    • Under ACPI/delete, disable the rule for dropping the DMARtable
    • Save your config.plist
3. Download this package
4. Copy eeupdate64.efi (You don't need I225MOD) to the root folder of a FAT32 formatted USB Flash Drive

Flashing the Firmware with OpenShell​

1. From the OpenCore GUI, select OpenShell
  2. Type fs0: and hit Enter to change the working drive (fs:0 is most likely your USB flash drive)
  3. Type ls to list the content of the drive. In this case ls0 is the correct drive letter:
  4. Next, type eeupdate64e /gui and hit Enter to run the tool.
  5. Select the "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V" with the arrow keys and hit Enter:
  6. In the next screen, select "Raw EEPROM - Extended":
  7. Next, press F3 to dump the original firmware to your Flash Drive
  8. Change your Mac address with the one is written on the motherboard label (on the sata connectors). I've changed only the last two digit. Save the new file with F3 naming I225OK , reply Yes to all the questions
    06143217_01
  9. Next, press F4 to load the custom firmware file:
    06143217_02
  10. Now type I225OK, press ENTER and confirm loading the file. ⚠️ Keep the original MAC Address when flashing the firmware (you will be asked).
  11. Press ESC to exit and confirm saving.
  12. Reboot the system into macOS Monterey.

Now both my Lan ports are working together!

Credit: 5T33Z0 - this is a genius!

@R-88,

A link to your guide has been posted to Troubleshooting / FAQs section in Post 1:

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 4.32.33 AM.png

Hi everyone,
I have a question for the community - has somebody tried GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 GAMING OC 16G (GV-R68GAMING OC-16GD) in their configuration? Is it works well in hackintosh?

PS
Great thanks to @CaseySJ for his hard work :) My hackintosh based on your manual working perfectly for two years

Hi everyone,
I have a question for the community - has somebody tried GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 GAMING OC 16G (GV-R68GAMING OC-16GD) in their configuration? Is it works well in hackintosh?

PS
Great thanks to @CaseySJ for his hard work :) My hackintosh based on your manual working perfectly for two years
Hello @Maxdem,

The 6800 Gaming OC should work fine. It’s extremely rare for a 6800 card not to work.

Help, please.

My Monterey 12.4 installation is not offering the 12.5 upgrade in Software Update.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks.
Try changing SecureBootModel to Disabled and reboot. If this works, then it's okay to change this back to Default after 12.5 has been fully installed.

Back