Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi all and @CaseySJ
I did a lot of home work since my previous posts saying that my Ethernet port was not working properly.
he is the situation now:
Monterey and Ventura are now working on Ethernet with OpenCore 0.8.3. this is fine !
I am trying to enable Wifi (working perfectly on Monterey with this EFI) on Ventura.
So far it's not working.
as @CaseySJ recommended I downloaded the alpha version of the AirportItlwm-Ventura.kext
here is my Kernel set up. did I miss something?
Thanks again for your input.
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 11.44.25.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 11.44.25.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 30
[..]
  • Then look below to see if this driver (kext) is attached:
    • AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext
  • If this driver is attached then there's nothing more to do -- everything is correct.
  • If a different driver is attached then we need to configure DeviceProperties, specifically device-id should be changed to F3158680.
Thanks a lot, I believe I fixed it :)

Attachments

• after.png
    after.png
    449.2 KB · Views: 43
  • before.png
    before.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 43
Hi all and @CaseySJ
I did a lot of home work since my previous posts saying that my Ethernet port was not working properly.
he is the situation now:
Monterey and Ventura are now working on Ethernet with OpenCore 0.8.3. this is fine !
I am trying to enable Wifi (working perfectly on Monterey with this EFI) on Ventura.
So far it's not working.
as @CaseySJ recommended I downloaded the alpha version of the AirportItlwm-Ventura.kext
here is my Kernel set up. did I miss something?
Thanks again for your input.
Cheers
The screenshot looks correct, but I would not recommend using the Intel Bluetooth drivers from OpenIntelWireless. They're not functioning properly in Monterey and Ventura. I would also suggest disabling BlueToolFixup.kext. Then let's see if Intel WiFi is affected in any way...

12.5 popped up today. Safe to do? System has been flawless for months. Still on opencore 0.7.7 too. Should I update that too?

12.5 popped up today. Safe to do? System has been flawless for months. Still on opencore 0.7.7 too. Should I update that too?
Yes and Yes. Updgrade kexts and OC, then update to 12.5.

Procedure to enable Intel i225-V Ethernet port in macOS Monterey and Ventura has been revised.

Last edited:
Hi all:
Just completed my Z490 Vision D build last week (10700, iGPU, F5 BIOS, newest OC install with Big Sur) and everything works great and fast with Cinebench 23 multicore score at 12650 (haven't tried TB yet since I don't have any devices) until I put in a Nvidia 2080ti (for Win 11) in the second slot (Noctua cooler blocks first slot but keeps temp <64). Even trying the -wegnoegpu boot flag the system doesn't even get to the splash screen. I saw that Casey posted a SSDT for unsupported GPUs in the first slot. Is there a way to modify the first slot SSDT or does anyone have a SSDT for the second slot? Thanks.

Hi all:
Just completed my Z490 Vision D build last week (10700, iGPU, F5 BIOS, newest OC install with Big Sur) and everything works great and fast with Cinebench 23 multicore score at 12650 (haven't tried TB yet since I don't have any devices) until I put in a Nvidia 2080ti (for Win 11) in the second slot (Noctua cooler blocks first slot but keeps temp <64). Even trying the -wegnoegpu boot flag the system doesn't even get to the splash screen. I saw that Casey posted a SSDT for unsupported GPUs in the first slot. Is there a way to modify the first slot SSDT or does anyone have a SSDT for the second slot? Thanks.
The last two SSDTs at the very end of below post are for disabling a GPU either in Slot 1 or Slot 2. Please try the appropriate version. If problem persists, let us know.

** OpenCore 0.8.3 Mini-Guide **
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D and Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (not D)

Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead.

Updated 11 Aug 2022 for OpenCore 0.8.3 Release Version​

macOS version supported:
  • Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura
Install Options:
  • The HackinDROM application can be used to install these EFI folders.
  • It is also possible to install the folders manually.
Manual Installation Procedure:
  • Use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 and set its preferences to 0.8.3 Release Version
  • Caution: When using OpenCore Configurator, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted
  • Download the appropriate ZIP file attached below and make these changes to config.plist:
Inside the EFI/OC folder please choose one of these files and rename or copy it to config.plist:
  • config-AMD-GPU.plist
    • Choose this is you have an AMD GPU in the system
  • config-Intel-iGPU.plist
    • Choose this if you'd like to enable video output from the rear IO ports (Thunderbolt Ports 1 and 2, and HDMI port)
    • Even if you have AMD GPU, this file can be used
    • However, it's generally better to disable video output from iGPU if an AMD GPU is present, so config-AMD-GPU.plist would be preferred
  • After choosing one of these files and renaming or copying it to config.plist, edit the config.plist as shown:
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 4.05.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.56.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 4.07.30 PM.png

Warning:
  • If using Radeon VII or Vega GPUs, remove boot argument "agdpmod=pikera"
  • SSDT-USBW.aml and USBWakeFixup.kext are disabled by default to prevent Bluetooth fault on wake from sleep
  • Please pick the right EFI folder:
    • Z490 Vision D --> OC-083-Z490-VISION-D.zip
    • Z490 Vision G --> EFI-083-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip

Attachments

• OC-083-Z490-VISION-D.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 495
  • EFI-083-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Back