Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks @CaseySJ i'll do it after solving out Ethernet issue.
My Wifi connection is just for the "beauty" of the config as I am always connected through Ethernet.
But I love when it is 100%functional :)
Do both Ethernet ports have this problem? Or only the I-225V 2.5GbE?

After flashing the i225-v with the mod-file, it is working and supported natively by the com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 dext without an entry in the device-properties of OC. In Monterey you can use the com.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet kext by using the boot-arg e1000=0 or with an entry in device-properties and setting the device-id to F3158680. The AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext is no longer present in Ventura, but can be loaded via OC if you prefer. Then you have set the boot-arg or the device-properties of course. All this requires a correctly configured and working AppleVTD (dropping original DMAR and load the modified one).

The i219-v is also natively supported by the com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 dext in Ventura and doesn't need the IntelMausi.kext or any entry in device-properties anymore.

** Ventura Public Beta Users **

UPDATE:
It is not necessary to use SSDT-I225V.aml or SSDT-I225V-NO-DTGP.aml.

To enable the Intel i225-V Ethernet port, please follow this procedure curated by @NCMacGuy -- but it's okay to skip the SSDT mentioned in the procedure:

Last edited:
Are you sure you really need the SSDT? have you tried it without? We must also necessarily distinguish between Revision 2 and 3 of the i225-v.

** Ventura Public Beta Users **

To enable the Intel i225-V Ethernet port, please follow this procedure curated by @NCMacGuy:

And grab the modified SSDT from my post that appears immediately after the procedure.
quick question in regards to the SSDT, there are two instances of:

Code:
 If ((Arg0 == ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b") /* Unknown UUID */))

would the end user need to replace that with their UUID? or does it not matter?

quick question in regards to the SSDT, there are two instances of:

Code:
 If ((Arg0 == ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b") /* Unknown UUID */))

would the end user need to replace that with their UUID? or does it not matter?
Fortunately this UUID is fixed -- it's an ID known to macOS -- so it applies to all users.

Fortunately this UUID is fixed -- it's an ID known to macOS -- so it applies to all users.
ahh ok, good to know as I have also seen a lot of users using SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml which some have the same line of code

Are you sure you really need the SSDT? have you tried it without? We must also necessarily distinguish between Revision 2 and 3 of the i225-v.
Good suggestion! Just booted my Asus ROG Strip Z690-i (mini-ITX) system without the SSDT and the i225-V port is still functioning. I've updated the previous post.

In relation to the i225-v and AppleVTD, a lot of confusion is created by some at the insanelymac forums.

Back