Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

The RX 550 is fully compatible with Monterey.
Even if it's Lexa based ? All the documentation I've seen says that only Baffin versions have native support. They have 640 SP (shaders) instead of 512.
Screen Shot 18.jpg

Here's what the specs for the Maxsun RX550 card say on Amazon:

Screen_Shot_19.jpg

Last edited:
Even if it's Lexa based ? All the documentation I've seen says that only Baffin versions have native support. They have 640 SP (shaders) instead of 512.
View attachment 550190
Here's what the specs for the Maxsun RX550 card say on Amazon:

View attachment 550191
I have find this in my Amazon country... it's an "Amazon's Choice" too... recommended! Then I will buy this... otherwise I was just thinking to buy a Sapphire AMD RX 550 Pulse (like my first Hack, but I have RX 570)! Thanks for this precious infos. Cheers ;)

Then I will buy this
Don't buy the Maxsun with 512 cores/shaders, they don't work natively. It's Lexa based. You would have to do some spoofing for it to work.

Some Sapphire models are Lexa based so make sure the one you buy has 640 SP then you know it's Baffin based.

View attachment 550197
OK I have looked the Dortania list for graphics cards and my choice will be Biostar Radeon RX 560 4 GB GDDR5, maybe will be better than 550. Thanks for the help @trs96 ;)

Last edited:
Please see this updated backup guide:
Casey I have always used SuperDuper. Its a superb app that has never failed me in over 15 years of using it. I haven't tried it with a Big Sur OS, but it works just as any other mac OS with Catalina. Might be worth trying out.

Hi,
I upgraded to OC 0.8.1 and now the Startup Disk is not remembered at startup anymore and OC defaults to an EFI partition (which does not start of course).
I was wandering what I should change of if there is a way to hide the EFI choices at startup

Back