Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

At the OpenCanopy picker, press and release CMD-V to enable verbose logs. Then select the Catalina disk and see where the boot process stops.

Also feel free to post your config.plist from OC 0.7.8 with serial numbers removed or x'ed out.
Thanks @CaseySJ

Here is the current 0.5.9 vs the new 0.7.8 config.plist. I copied it from OC-078-VISION-D.zip package and updated according to the tutorial.

When using 0.7.8, after these messages the screen goes dark:
PXL_20220521_003959082.jpeg

Thanks @CaseySJ

Here is the current 0.5.9 vs the new 0.7.8 config.plist. I copied it from OC-078-VISION-D.zip package and updated according to the tutorial.
It would be preferred that you zip up each config.plist and upload them here. Then Casey can open them in OC Configurator app to examine them.

It would be preferred that you zip up each config.plist and upload them here. Then Casey can open them in OC Configurator app to examine them.
Thanks, I added agdpmod=pikera to boot-args and the system has booted properly. I'm going to test it for a while and update this thread.

Hi @CaseySJ,
Since I updated to Monterey 12.3 (I have 12.4 installed now), my Bluetooth (I use Intel wireless drivers) does not work anymore. It's disabled in the menu bar, and when I enable it, nothing happens and it stays disabled. I have OpenCore 0.8.0 version (updated with Hackindrom), but the problem happened once I have updated to Monterey 12.3 (which I did afterwards). I nevertheless switched back to OpenCore 0.7.9 and 0.7.8, but it did not solve my problem. I gave a try to verbose mode at OpenCore boot screen, but the information scrolls very fast on the screen and does not hang on one specific error message, so it's hard to isolate the problem in that way.
Have you hear anyone having the same issue?

Hi @CaseySJ,
Since I updated to Monterey 12.3 (I have 12.4 installed now), my bluetooth (I use intel wireless drivers) does not work anymore. It's disabled in the menu bar, and when I enable it, nothing happens and it stays disabled. I have OpenCore 0.8.0 version (updated with Hackindrom), but the problem happened once I have updated to Monterey 12.3 (which I did afterwards). I nevertheless switched back to OpenCore 0.7.9 and 0.7.8, but it did not solve my problem. I gave a try to verbose mode at OpenCore boot screen, but the information scrolls very fast on the screen and does not hang on one specific error message, so it's hard to isolate the problem in that way.
Have you hear anyone having the same issue?
This is a well-known issue, at least in the CaseySJ threads! Intel Bluetooth (with OpenIntelWireless drivers) does not work in Monterey.

Please refer back to the OpenCore 0.7.8 mini-guide. At the top of it is a section called “Monterey - What does not work”.

@CaseySJ I have a strange issue. I was trying to create a brg0 SSDT, but for some reason could not reattach the GPU. Then I created this SSDT in Windows. When I opened it in the Mac and tried to compile I got an error:
1653148985184.png

Yet I can see that SSDT actually worked?
1653149036524.png

Edit :
Added
External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A.SL05, DeviceObj)

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0-X299.zip
    898 bytes · Views: 27
Last edited:
@CaseySJ I have a strange issue. I was trying to create a brg0 SSDT, but for some reason could not reattach the GPU. Then I created this SSDT in Windows. When I opened it in the Mac and tried to compile I got an error:

Yet I can see that SSDT actually worked?

Edit :
Added
External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A.SL05, DeviceObj)
Is the problem fixed now, after adding the second External statement?

Is the problem fixed now, after adding the second External statement?
The compilation problem is fixed thanks, but I still can't inject properties through SSDT nor device properties. Should I add DSM method?

Back