Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I made a post here about my screen flashing but works in windows and added a google drive link but it seemed to have disappeared. Am i allowed to post the link? In Big Sur and Monterey the screen flashes every few seconds but works fine in Windows 11. It was working yesterday fine but this morning it just went like this when i put the PC on.

@CaseySJ I made a post here about my screen flashing but works in windows and added a google drive link but it seemed to have disappeared. Am i allowed to post the link?...
No. Attach files to your post. See Forum Rules.

No. Attach files to your post. See Forum Rules.
Okay thanks. How do i get Casey or someone to watch what is actually happening when in macos?

How do i get Casey or someone to watch what is actually happening when in macos?
Take a short video with your cell phone. Upload to YT then post a link here.

Thanks, i will upload it to youtube now. Thanks again

Link to video, another thing is it shows invalid format for a split second on the screen before it comes back on

Last edited:
@CaseySJ , I seem to have isolated the problem to the HDMI that does not work in macOS anymore. HDMI out from the RX6800XT works perfectly in Windows 11 and worked until yesterday. But for some reason today, nothing. I used a display to HDMI cable from PC to TV and now it works. Is there any fix to this?

For some reason OC default audio after login is not being remembered and always sets to by default to "headphones" and does not remember the last audio selected before shutdown (internal speakers). It would be nice to have the default audio to be set to internal speakers. currently have alcid = 28 which works for the onboard alc 1220-vb with current EFI setup. any suggestions on how to make alcid = 28 remember default selected audio on shutdown and next boot?
This is a good question. I’ve struggled with this issue on my Ryzentosh, but not on any of my Intel-based systems. Alas I haven’t found a solution, but since you raised the issue, let’s see if the community can offer a solution.

Also a side note. If trying to run IGPU(non-headless) + dGPU together which is possible, boot time on OC will suffer a major boot delay and take almost on average 1.5 minutes longer for login this is because more devices are trying to load before login. tried running dGPU + IGPU for FaceTime to work properly to see other person on video. FaceTime requires for some reason the IGPU to be enabled (headless or non-headless) to see other person on video in FaceTime. FaceTime will work only with IGPU enabled, However sadly can not use both displays IGPU(non-headless) + dGPU at the same time or boot time will suffer significantly !
Which version of macOS is this happening with? I’ve enabled both iGPU (non-headless) and dGPU on my Z490 Vision D without a boot delay. What are the makes/models of your NVMe SSDs?

@CaseySJ, And today for some reason its fine again. No issues with HDMI. Any idea what's causing this?

@CaseySJ, And today for some reason its fine again. No issues with HDMI. Any idea what's causing this?
Loose or slightly damaged cable? Have you tried a different one?

Back