Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

If I use the AirportBCM kext. i just add to the "kext' folder in my EFI and add the boot argument in NVRAM section under "boot-args"?

@twon,

Yes that is correct, also if using OpenCore don't forget to add it to the kext list in the kernel section (below Lilu).

Cheers
Jay

@twon,

Yes that is correct, also if using OpenCore don't forget to add it to the kext list in the kernel section (below Lilu).

Cheers
Jay
ok thank you for the info.
I'll probably add it and test it but I just got a 50ft Cat6a and connected to the ethernet connection and man my DL speed is averging 890-940+mbps and UL is 840+.

Haven't try to play game on it yet. I should be smooth.

Tried to get an amd 6800xt this morning 7am PST and only was able to get to 6900xt that is way out of my budget.

If you are running macOS Monterey, then it’s necessary to disable one of the plug-in kexts. In general I would recommend avoiding AirportBrcmFixup in Monterey unless you know how to disable the appropriate plug-in. It’s okay to use this in earlier versions of macOS.
OK. Thanks, Casey.

I tried to connect my DisplayPort to the RX 580, and it is not displaying anything. It works with HDMI cable. What do I need to do to be able to connect display port cable to my Dell monitor.

OK. Thanks, Casey.

I tried to connect my DisplayPort to the RX 580, and it is not displaying anything. It works with HDMI cable. What do I need to do to be able to connect display port cable to my Dell monitor.
Does the on-board menu of your Dell monitor allow you to change DisplayPort version? Some monitors allow you to switch between DP 1.1, 1.2, and/or 1.4. Try the lowest available version of DP first.

Also, if the monitor supports Multi Stream Transport (MST), it should be disabled.

Does the on-board menu of your Dell monitor allow you to change DisplayPort version? Some monitors allow you to switch between DP 1.1, 1.2, and/or 1.4. Try the lowest available version of DP first.

Also, if the monitor supports Multi Stream Transport (MST), it should be disabled.
Hi Casey,
It doesn't have any of the options you mentioned from Dell onboard menu. It's pretty basic menu. What else do I have to do?

BTW, my Dell model is P2219H

Is using DisplayPort better then HDMI?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
The graphic issues linked to my RX 5700 XT with the 12.3 release have been solved with the 12.3.1.
No idea if it is the same with other cards but I saw a few posts on Mac Rumors confirming it as well with RX 6xxx.

I stopped using CCC and now i use clonezilla (free).

see step 11 for latest info on using CCC

I found a thread on insanely that describes how to fix the i225-v for Monterey. I tried it and it worked. I don't know if it is allowed to post a link here. The thread can be found in -LAN and Wireless-.

Last edited:
Back