Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So I think I've narrowed down the issue to Ethernet over the TS3+ dock being the culprit and not the displays. Looking at System Report, the Ethernet controllers on the dock loads up AppleEthernetE1000 which could be the problem perhaps? I've used the dock successfully before but haven't actually plugged it to Ethernet until now so I'm pretty sure this is the issue.

EDIT: Tried to patch the i210 on the dock with DeviceProperties but doesn't seem to stick.View attachment 543838
@CaseySJ

Wanted to give an update on this issue for future reference:

It seems that from 11.4 -> TBD, i210 with device-id 0x1533 will load up AppleEthernetE1000 instead of AppleIntelI210Ethernet. I tried spoofing the device-id with OpenCore as well as adding 0x1533 to FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext but neither could spoof the device, I assume because of it being over Thunderbolt and needing an SSDT defining the bridge (similar to spoofing XTXH 6900XT cards). Instead, it was easier to add "dk.e1000=0" (on 11.6.4) or "e1000=0" (12.3 and up) to prevent AppleEthernetE1000 from loading, which causes hangs on Gigabyte boards.

Yes, I can confirm that you can hide Windows in OC Boot screen, or show it, ether way is possible. I have Windows 10/11 on NVMe Samsung 970 Pro like you and as the guide describe its possible to do.

And I can boot Windows from OC also or pressing F12 boot option from MB. and boot from there if I install Windows again or store a backup of it and don't want to do the process like in the guide to find the EFI path to re-put in OC Configurator.

But, making it disappear in BIOS or BIOS boot option or in disk-utility, I don't think it can be done except like you said to removed it from you hardware but I don't think that's what you want.

Can I ask do you use OpenCore themes?

Or, if you don't mind, upload your EFI here but take you serial number out of the config.plist.
I can look at it, and try to boot mine Hackintosh with it to see if I can find the problem. Sometimes, if you using OpenCore themes, an icon in there can make this to happen. I have experienced that once.
@jd6, I have OpenCore 0.7.9 running 12.3 just smoothly. Yes, I do have a default OpenCore theme, and it shows the hard disk icons at boot. This could be a factor as you mentioned. I have a 6900 XT Radeon AMD as my setup in my config. But I don’t think that will matter when I upload my config as your GPU looks a bit different. I have only partially hidden the windows NVMe M.2 drive through some commands in macOS specifically editing the vifs in terminal. But I really like the theme as it’s close to a real Mac. I will edit this post with my attached config soon and you can have a look at the boot setup. I have the Windows NVMe M.2 drive installed in the slot closest to the CPU just as a good helpful tip from @CaseySJ mentioned earlier. Also, not to mention while using the hack with a AMD 6900/6800 XT, I don’t see the temperature stats or fan control in iStats or hwm2 app as well no fans are spinning when using high heavy load applications. In windows, if GPU gets hot, it kicks up the GPU fan automatically. The GPU is air cooled not liquid cooled so I don’t see why the fans won’t kick in when high temperatures are being reached.

update link to radeon 6900/6800 xt temp sensor kext.

Last edited:
@jd6, I have OpenCore 0.7.9 running 12.3 just smoothly. Yes, I do have a default OpenCore theme, and it shows the hard disk icons at boot. This could be a factor as you mentioned. I have a 6900 XT Radeon AMD as my setup in my config. But I don’t think that will matter when I upload my config as your GPU looks a bit different. I have only partially hidden the windows NVMe M.2 drive through some commands in macOS specifically editing the vifs in terminal. But I really like the theme as it’s close to a real Mac. I will edit this post with my attached config soon and you can have a look at the boot setup. I have the Windows NVMe M.2 drive installed in the slot closest to the CPU just as a good helpful tip from @CaseySJ mentioned earlier. Also, not to mention while using the hack with a AMD 6900/6800 XT, I don’t see the temperature stats or fan control in iStats or hwm2 app as well no fans are spinning when using high heavy load applications. In windows, if GPU gets hot, it kicks up the GPU fan automatically. Any thoughts @jd6 or @CaseySJ ?? The GPU is air cooled not liquid cooled so I don’t see why the fans won’t kick in when high temperatures are being reached.

UPDATE: my EFI config setup @jd6 and @CaseySJ.
Hi, thegubatoshchamp.

As promised, I have looked at your EFI config.plist with regard to Windows icon in OC boot menu, which you don't want to be appear there. So I have test here with my Hackintosh and found out that your scan policy was set to 0. I changed it. Now should work as you want it, and you don't have to edit the vifs anymore.

I have put 3 EFI in the uploaded folder so that you can see what I did. I testED them all, and they work.

To make it easy for you, before making any changes in your EFI Partition, test this EFI's in USB EFI partition as you do on your boot disk first; boot in to OC menu. If you like it, than you can copy EFI 1 and past it in you disk EFI partition; or just copy digits to your own config.plist and past them under MISC>SECURITY>scan policy and save it and your done.

Regarding to your GPU maybe @CaseySJ can help as he has similar GPU card because I have only RX 580 and mine works in hwm2 app.

p.s. If you just copy the EFI from uploaded folder, don't forget to put your own SMBIOS platform info back otherwise you will get error from OpenCore.

Good luck.

Attachments

• modified. EFI's (OC-079).zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 44
For those with this build, what is the recommended HackinDROM USB profile setting? There are three choices: v1, v2, and v3. I chose one of them and it appeared to be working although my front USB-C port stopped working. So I moved my USB-C backup drive to one of the USB-C/TB ports on the back of the z490 and the drive mounted to the desktop. Thought I was good but then after waking from sleep the drive had disappeared. I’m just unclear on what is the current best practice USB SSDT for this build that works reliably. Any recommendations on which of the 3 options best used under 12.3?

One thing to try (no guarantees) is to enable the kernel quirk DisableRtcChecksum.
I tried, but unfortunelty no joy. Hopefully someone can come up with some sort of conclusion. I think its the actual flashed firmware because if you reset NVRAM and pull out all drives it still takes quite some time to post. I winder if there is some conflict with the flashed firmware?

Hi, all. I'm new to this. I followed the guide from the post 1 and was able to installed macOS Big Sur. Everything works and sleep works.

The only thing I noticed my WiFi speed connected to either 2.4 or 5GHz is averaging 150-180Mbps DL my other devices are averaging over 350Mbps. Is there any way I can get the same speed? Or should I get the cat 6A Ethernet cable to achieve that. My ISP modem shows 900+Mbps DL compare to connected to my Netgear R7000 router.

Any suggestions?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

my WiFi speed connected to either 2.4 or 5GHz is averaging 150-180Mbps DL my other devices are averaging over 350Mbps. Is there any way I can get the same speed?

@twon

This can be caused by MacOS using a different WiFi country code to that of your router.

If the WiFi country codes are missed matched then in some cases macOS will not enable all the correct WiFi channels which can lead to reduced bandwidth between MacOs and your router.

On a Hackintosh we can use AirportBrcmFixup with the Boot Argument brcmfx-country=#a.

#a is a special country code that effectively forces MacOS to enable/use all the WiFi channels and ignore any country code matching between it and the router.

You could also use brcmfx-country=XX where XX matches the correct country code of your router

I use this fix myself as without it not all the WiFi channels are enabled and my laptop does not connect at the fastest Wii Speed.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 13.42.56.png
See the Lilu Plugins Guide for more info on AirportBrcmFixup

AirportBrcmFixup download here :-

It is also possible (although less likely as you say your others devices work ok) that a nearby router in anther house / building is using a conflicting country code as discussed in this article :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi, guys! I want ask if anyone has able to get spatial audio /Apple Music Lossless and Dolby Atmos on Hackintosh ? with AirPods gen 3.

@CaseySJ ? is it possible on Hackintosh .......if yes what is needed to be don..

Thanks.

@twon

This can be caused by MacOS using a different WiFi country code to that of your router.

If the WiFi country codes are missed matched then in some cases macOS will not enable all the correct WiFi channels which can lead to reduced bandwidth between MacOs and your router.

On a Hackintosh we can use AirportBrcmFixup with the Boot Argument brcmfx-country=#a.

#a is a special country code that effectively forces MacOS to enable/use all the WiFi channels and ignore any country code matching between it and the router.

You could also use brcmfx-country=XX where XX matches the correct country code of your router

I use this fix myself as without it not all the WiFi channels are enabled and my laptop does not connect at the fastest Wii Speed.

View attachment 545134
See the Lilu Plugins Guide for more info on AirportBrcmFixup

AirportBrcmFixup download here :-

It is also possible (although less likely as you say your others devices work ok) that a nearby router in anther house / building is using a conflicting country code as discussed in this article :-

Cheers
Jay

Hi @jaymonkey ,
I just checked and the router is connected show the country code is X3. However, I have another WiFi, and it shows US as the country code when I checked running the WIFI diagnostics 'Scan' could it be my router settings is set as a different country?

If I use the AirportBCM kext. i just add to the "kext' folder in my EFI and add the boot argument in NVRAM section under "boot-args"?

@CaseySJ , I used your plug and play EFI and don't see the airportBCM kext. Is it safe to add this to the existing kext?

@CaseySJ , I used your plug and play EFI and don't see the airportBCM kext. Is it safe to add this to the existing kext?
If you are running macOS Monterey, then it’s necessary to disable one of the plug-in kexts. In general I would recommend avoiding AirportBrcmFixup in Monterey unless you know how to disable the appropriate plug-in. It’s okay to use this in earlier versions of macOS.

Back