Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I feel it's just a beginning a new long story...
Same as 2nd ethernet port :)

EDIT: In fact maybe different. Mac Pro users are complaining too...

Last edited:
I feel it's just a beginning a new long story...
Same as 2nd ethernet port :)

EDIT: In fact maybe different. Mac Pro users are complaining too...
Good to know it's happening on real Macs as well. We should therefore expect a solution...

Im having trouble finding the OC 0.7.9 update to Opencore is the only way to update now with Hackindrom? Would love to update before trying 12.3

Thanks!
OC and kext updates are always available on Github. Milliuco maintains a thread here about the differences in OC versions. As others have experienced you may encounter performances issues with your GPU if you update to macOS 12.3.

Last edited:
OC and kext updates are always available on Github. Milliuco maintains a thread here about the differences in OC versions. As others have experienced you may encounter performances issues with your GPU if you update to macOS 12.3.
Good to know about the GPU issues thanks! @CaseySJ are you no longer maintaining the monthly update or have I just overlooked it in the thread? Do you prefer we use hackindrom? It’s been a lifesaver for me the last couple years

Good to know about the GPU issues thanks! @CaseySJ are you no longer maintaining the monthly update or have I just overlooked it in the thread? Do you prefer we use hackindrom? It’s been a lifesaver for me the last couple years
I had forgotten to add a link to Post 1, which has now been done. Because OpenCore 0.7.9 is a small change over its predecessor, we can use the new HackinDROM 2.1.0 app from GitHub. The guide provides all of the details.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 9.18.51 AM.png

Hi @CaseySJ, thanks for all your contributions to stretching life in the Hackintosh.

I'm finally looking to upgrade my ancient build (#2 shown below) to a Z490 Vision D system identical to your system described here in terms of CPU, RAM and NMVe drives. The difference in the systems is that I'd like to dual boot Windows 11 and use a EVGA RTX 2080Ti under Win 11 but disable it under Mac and just use the IGPU. Hopefully it's just a matter of adding the -wegnoegpu boot arg to the config.plist, and setting the BIOS to prefer IGPU.

Before I add the rest of the components to the Z490 I'd love to get your opinion on my likelihood of success. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be 100% since I need a better platform than the Z68X / 2600K to run the RTX card anyway. But if I can delay switching over to the M1 for a few more years, that would be awesome.
Apologies for the late reply; just saw your post...

For a dual boot system with RTX 2080Ti for Windows and iGPU for macOS, we can do this:
  • Start with the OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI folder (see top of Post 1 for download link)
  • Select the file config-Intel-iGPU.plist and rename it to config.plist
    • This version enables video output from iGPU
  • Then add a SSDT to disable/hide the RTX 2080Ti in macOS.
    • You may try the attached SSDT that disables GPU in Slot 1
    • If it doesn't work, please download and run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') down to the PEG0 or PEG1 section (whichever contains the GPU) and post a screenshot.

Attachments

• SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-1-GPU.aml
    210 bytes · Views: 31
I had forgotten to add a link to Post 1, which has now been done. Because OpenCore 0.7.9 is a small change over its predecessor, we can use the new HackinDROM 2.1.0 app from GitHub. The guide provides all of the details.

View attachment 544012
Thanks as always for all your hard work @CaseySJ! So many of us would never have gotten this to work without your continued dedication to the cause. I salute you ser' :clap:

Thanks as always for all your hard work @CaseySJ! So many of us would never have gotten this to work without your continued dedication to the cause. I salute you ser' :clap:
Actually I would never enter into hackintoshing without Casey's guides.
Guides are very complet and they are very inspiring for any sphere of life

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a solution for the long post time when Thunderbolt is enabled? When I disable it my machine boots in about 3 secs, when its enabled its takes about 30-35 secs to post before the opencore splash screen.

Any suggestions?

Cliff

Back