Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Is anyone getting 'Installer Failed' when running InstallAssistant.pkg from the Monterey gibMac?
I got Failed: None on the download...

Whoah. 0.7.8 already? I just updated to 0.7.7. ON Monetery latest update, any reason not to just stay with what I have? Is Airplay working on Imac Pro 1,1 with this version?

Wild. I trashed and re-downloaded and it's doing the same thing.
Tried 12.1 and Big Sur as well. SIP is on - could that affect it?

Hello CaseySJ,

I have noticed lately that the copying speed between my SSD 1 TB to SATA 4 TB is painfully slow - I cannot quantify it in mb/s but like 80 GB takes around 30 min to copy.

As I have a dual boot system, the same hardware under Windows 10 performs better. Is there anything I could try to speed things up?

As always, very much appreciated!

Hello CaseySJ,

I have noticed lately that the copying speed between my SSD 1 TB to SATA 4 TB is painfully slow - I cannot quantify it in mb/s but like 80 GB takes around 30 min to copy.

As I have a dual boot system, the same hardware under Windows 10 performs better. Is there anything I could try to speed things up?

As always, very much appreciated!
Some questions:
  • When you say "SSD 1 TB" are you referring to an NVMe M.2 SSD?
  • When you say "SATA 4 TB" are you referring to a SATA SSD or a SATA spinning hard drive?
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is the make/model of the "SSD 1 TB"?
  • What is the make/model of the "SATA 4 TB"?
  • How much space is free on the "SATA 4 TB"?
  • Are both of these drives installed internally? In other words, they are not on a USB port?

Some questions:
  • When you say "SSD 1 TB" are you referring to an NVMe M.2 SSD? YES
  • When you say "SATA 4 TB" are you referring to a SATA SSD or a SATA spinning hard drive? A SPINING HARD DRIVE
  • Which version of macOS are you running? Monterey 12.1
  • What is the make/model of the "SSD 1 TB"? Sabrent Rocket Q
  • What is the make/model of the "SATA 4 TB"? Seagate Barracuda, 3.5 inch, 5400 rpm, 6 GB/s
  • How much space is free on the "SATA 4 TB"? appr 2,5 TB

Are both of these drives installed internally? In other words, they are not on a USB port? YES, internally

Hi CaseySJ, thaks for getting back so quickly! Here are the responses.

Back