Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

How do I disable that? Mine is only Intel Wifi.I tried a search in Win 11 for Broadcom wifi and only found Intel.
Oh, are you only using the on-board Intel WiFi?

EDIT: Did a hard restart and it works now. Odd!

Hi everyone, finally received my Vision D and am very excited to set this up. The guide is phenomenal, thanks heaps @CaseySJ. Almost too easy!

However I am running into an issue that does not let me finish installation. I get stuck at WIFI selection with no option to either proceed (with correct credentials) or go back:

IMG_2031.jpg

If I deselect the network, the Back button remains inactive.

Last edited:
It may be necessary to do a cold boot into macOS after a Windows session. At least try that once or twice to see if it re-enables the Intel WiFi module in macOS.

Looks like my installation was successful! I just said it, but again thank you so much @CaseySJ!

One question I have is, how do I rename the system volume so it also shows correctly in the boot picker? I have renamed in Disk Utility but the picker still shows the name chosen during installation.

EDIT: Found this fix and it worked. Next time I'll search before asking, I promise.

Last edited:
I would recommend trying CPUFriend:
  • Add CPUFriend.kext
  • Add CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
This is shown in the screenshot below, which is from a different motherboard. Just copy the two item in red box. The kexts are attached in the ZIP below. CPUFriend.kext must come before CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.

View attachment 541325
Hello CaseySJ, thanks for your recommendation. Sadly, it didn't change the situation with the CPU. I'm on iMac 20,1 system definition, with OpenCore 0.7.7. I've tried also to change some BIOS settings to remove some power saving options, but also without success. If you have some other suggestion, or explanation I thank you in advance !

** OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI for Z490 Vision D and G **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Also available from HackinDROM App

** NOTE **
Catalina Users: Please see "Post-Update Procedure" below.

Please use OpenCore Configurator 2.56.0.0 or next version and ensure that it's set to
0.7.8 Development Configuration or 0.7.8 Release Configuration

When using OpenCore Configurator, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted​

Windows Users:
If you are unable to boot Windows through OpenCore, try disabling AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this post.

Monterey -- What Does Not Work:
  • Intel I-225V 2.5GbE Ethernet port is not working at this time for 99% of us. The other Ethernet port (I-219) is fully operational. If a second Ethernet port is needed, options include:
    • USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
    • USB to 2.5GbE Ethernet adapter
    • USB-C dock with built-in Ethernet port
    • Thunderbolt dock with built-in Ethernet port
    • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter (requires AppleVTD to be enabled)
  • Laird BT851 Bluetooth 5.0 USB dongle not working at this time.
  • Intel Bluetooth does not work.
  • If Monterey is installed on Samsung NVMe SSDs, boot time can increase by 60-100 seconds due to "trim" incompatibilty.
    • This can be addressed by cloning the Samsung NVMe SSD to another disk, erasing the Samsung NVMe SSD with Disk Utility, and cloning macOS back. Please be careful with this process if you decide to do it.
  • Crucial P2 NVMe SSDs (only P2 series) also suffer from trim issues in Monterey.

This Update Includes:
  • OpenCore 0.7.8
  • AppleALC 1.6.9
  • Lilu 1.6.0
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.7
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.7
  • OpenIntelWireless ZIP:
    • IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.1.0
    • IntelBluetoothInjector 2.1.0 (not used in Monterey)
    • AirportItlwm 2.1.0 for Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey
This update also includes Marvell (Aquantia) AQC-107 kernel patch v3 for Monterey 12.3.

Instructions:
  • Download appropriate ZIP file below and follow these instructions to configure config.plist.
  • If "Resizable BAR Support" is enabled in BIOS, set ResizableAppleGpuBars to 0 in Booter quirks.
  • Copy EFI folder to EFI partition of USB flash disk and boot from USB flash disk.
  • Ensure that REL-078-xxx appears on bottom right corner of OpenCanopy Picker.
  • If everything is okay, mount the EFI partition of USB flash disk and internal macOS SSD, then copy EFI folder from USB flash disk to internal macOS SSD.

Catalina Users:
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled.
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.21.42 AM.png

Issues:
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 10.52.10 AM.png

Which File to Download:
  • Z490 Vision D with Broadcom WiFi/BT --> OC-078-VISION-D.zip
  • Z490 Vision D with Intel WiFi/BT --> OC-078-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
  • Z490 Vision G with Broadcom WiFi/BT --> EFI-078-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
Reminder:
  • Radeon VII and Vega 56/64 users must disable or remove boot argument agdpmod=pikera.

Updates:
  • None yet

Attachments

• OC-078-VISION-D.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 472
  • OC-078-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
    56.7 MB · Views: 233
  • EFI-078-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Thanks much, Casey. Up and running OC 0.7.8 on Montery 12.2.

Once I updated to OC 0.7.8 my WiFi went on the fritz, only allowing me to connect to my 2.5GHz network. My 5GHz network would sometimes show up in the list of networks, sometimes not, and could never connect. The 2.5GHz would drop randomly. This behavior then began across all my apple products (my 16 in intel MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPhone) so I thought it was an issue with my router. I reset my router, no change. Checked router settings, all good there. I cleared my cache on google Chrome (both hack and MacBook Pro), no change. I deleted the wifi network service and then re-added it in network settings on both my hack and MacBook Pro, no change (on any device).

Lastly, I deleted the WiFi network service on my hack, unchecked GraphicsInputMirroring in my config.plist, and restarted the hack (cleared vram a few times). I then added the wifi network back in network settings, and all fixed across all devices.

It seems GraphicsInputMirroring was the culprit... can that be??? I didn't have any issues with 0.7.7, FYI. I have 2 monitors plugged into my Graphics card via DisplayPort. I am using MacPro7,1

Edit: Turned back on GraphicsInputMirroring just to check, all seems fine. Deleting the WiFi network services and clearing nvram is what seemed to do the trick.

Last edited:
CaseySJ,

After a few months of intermittent memory crashes I'm making a move from my (2nd hand) Z490 Vision D to a new Z490 Vision G Board w/ a GC Titan Ridge 2.0 card. I suspect my 2nd hand z490 vision D has a compromised memory slot. Anyhow my question is...

Am I correct in thinking that all I'll need to get the Titan Ridge card functional in OSX is the "SSDT-TB3HP.aml" hotplug from the OC-078-VISION-D EFI and the corresponding ACPI entry in my config.plist?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

CaseySJ,

After a few months of intermittent memory crashes I'm making a move from my (2nd hand) Z490 Vision D to a new Z490 Vision G Board w/ a GC Titan Ridge 2.0 card. I suspect my 2nd hand z490 vision D has a compromised memory slot. Anyhow my question is...

Am I correct in thinking that all I'll need to get the Titan Ridge card functional in OSX is the "SSDT-TB3HP.aml" hotplug from the OC-078-VISION-D EFI and the corresponding ACPI entry in my config.plist?

Thanks again for all your hard work.
Yes, but depending on which PCIe slot the GC-Titan Ridge is installed in, we may need to modify the SSDT. The companion SSDT-DTPG.aml is also required. After installing GC-Titan Ridge (preferably in middle long slot), run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') to RP05 or RP21 to see where the Thunderbolt card appears.

Back