Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Disk identifiers can change. We can see these identifiers by running this command in Terminal:
Code:
diskutil list
It would be interesting to run this command and post the output with AppleVTD enabled and disabled.
They do change - maybe this could hint a possible fix, hense thats the reason windows not loading

Attachments

• APPLEVTD OFF.png
    APPLEVTD OFF.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 28
  • APPLEVTD ON.png
    APPLEVTD ON.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 34
They do change - maybe this could hint a possible fix, hense thats the reason windows not loading
Interesting. Couple of questions/comments:
  • macOS and Windows are both installed on 512GB SSDs
  • Is macOS on NVMe SSD?
    • If so, which slot on motherboard?
  • Is Windows also on NVMe SSD?

Interesting. Couple of questions/comments:
  • macOS and Windows are both installed on 512GB SSDs
  • Is macOS on NVMe SSD?
  • Is Windows also on NVMe SSD?
Both are 512GB NVMe Sabrent SSD same from your guide.
As I recall first slot is mac - second slot is windows. My kids are sleeping I can open it tommorow to confirm but I am 99% sure that was the order.

Both are 512GB NVMe Sabrent SSD same from your guide.
As I recall first slot is mac - second slot is windows. My kids are sleeping I can open it tommorow to confirm but I am 99% sure that was the order.
If that's the case, consider doing this:
  • Install Windows NVMe into M.2 slot closest to CPU (slot 1)
  • Install macOS NVMe into next slot

@Karkh,

Welcome to the forum! Please note that most of the guides in this thread say:

"Please do not quote this guide in its entirety."

Please re-post your question, but no need to quote the guides.

Hello CaseySJ, sorry for quoting the guide..
My question was about my CPU, which is an Intel i9 10900 - without the K. It seems to me that I cannot go in turbo mode. The CPU seems stuck at 2.8 GHz frequency, as shows the image of Intel Power Gadget during testing maximum frequency, which I've attach here. Also, my Geekbench 5 scores are significantly lower then those you mention (single core 747, multicore 7205). Do you have any ideas or advice about this ? Otherwise, everything is perfect, I wanted to thank you for your generous work and help.

Attachments

• 10900 max frequency.png
    10900 max frequency.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 45
Hi @CaseySJ, I think I got to the cause of my WiFi dropping out in Monterey. So, if I move between Big Sur and Monterey, I have no issues. But, if I go to Win 11 and come back to Monterey, I lose wifi connection. Any idea as to why that would be? This only happens if I go from Win 11 to Monterey and does not affect Big Sur at all.

Hello CaseySJ, sorry for quoting the guide..
My question was about my CPU, wich is an intel i9 10900 - without the K. It seems to me that I cannot go in turbo mode, the CPU seems stuck at 2.8 GHZ frequency, as shows the image of intel power gadget during testing maximum frequency, that I attach here. Also my geekbench 5 scores are significantly lower then those you mention (single core 747, multicore 7205). Do you have any ideas or advice about this ? Otherwise everything is perfect, I wanted to thank you for your generous work and help.
I would recommend trying CPUFriend:
  • Add CPUFriend.kext
  • Add CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
This is shown in the screenshot below, which is from a different motherboard. Just copy the two item in red box. The kexts are attached in the ZIP below. CPUFriend.kext must come before CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 4.13.52 AM.png

Attachments

• CPUFriend.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi @CaseySJ, I think I got to the cause of my wifi dropping out in Monterey. So if I move between Big Sur and Monterey I have no issues, but if I go to Win 11 and come back to Monterey I lose wifi connection. Any idea as to why that would be? This only happens if I go from Win 11 to Monterey and does not affect Big Sur at all.
I would recommend disabling the Broadcom drivers in both versions of Windows so that Windows uses the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module. Then macOS will be the only one using the Fenvi FV-T919 Broadcom WiFi/BT. The other option would be a cold boot into macOS after each Windows session.

I would recommend disabling the Broadcom drivers in both versions of Windows so that Windows uses the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module. Then macOS will be the only one using the Fenvi FV-T919 Broadcom WiFi/BT. The other option would be a cold boot into macOS after each Windows session.
How do I disable that? Mine is only Intel Wifi.I tried a search in Win 11 for Broadcom wifi and only found Intel.

Back