Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

We can always try these suggestions first:
  • Perform NVRAM Reset.
  • If the problem still occurs, then try a CMOS Reset. This will require you to configure BIOS parameters again, starting with Load Optimized Defaults.
  • If the problem still occurs, try booting from your bootable backup disk.
  • If you don't have a bootable backup (ouch, ouch), then try booting into Recovery and reinstall macOS. Don't erase or format any drives! Just let Recovery reinstall macOS. It will do that in a non-destructive manner.
@CaseySJ Thank you so much for the help! My Hackintosh is now working again after I reinstalled the OS. I was wondering what caused such an issue after I stop using the macOS for a week. (I was playing video games on PC the entire week lol!) Before I reinstalled the system, I did perform an NVRAM Reset but I got an error message "Volume Hash Mismatch". What does that even mean and more importantly what caused such an error? I am curious because I hope I can prevent situations like this in the future. Thanks again!

Thanks for that answer. In Win 11, the Card works perfectly with the RGB light staying solid blue.
In Windows we should also be able to turn off the RAM RGB. Although not a perfect solution, all lights will be off in macOS during sleep.

Hi CaseySJ,

I found a way to get back to the old BIOS F20 But the issue still persist plus I got another issue as you know we have two LAN on this motherboard (Intel 219 & 225) when I was on the BIOS screen I found both got the same Physical MAC address. It's really weird . I went back to Windows 11 and the same situation - one same Mac address for both Intel LAN (Intel 219 & 225). I don't how I can fix that, too. So I had to update back again to F21 to see if it will be resolved but it didn't. Still same issues plus this new issue.

View attachment 541195
View attachment 541196

View attachment 541197

View attachment 541198
When you say you “found a way” to install the old BIOS, what was that procedure?

When you say you “found a way” to install the old BIOS, what was that procedure?
Hi CaseSJ:
I have contacted Gigabyte tech support, and they responded that you can do that by using Q-FLASH PLUS Button, the only way to reverse back to old versions of BIOS after updating to the New bios F21, and this what I did. (I had to change the BIOS file name to Gigabyte.bin inside my USB stick so the system can read it and update the BIOS when, of course, my system is powered down.)

By the way, I only have one Sapphire RX Vega 64 connected to my hack. No Nvidia card installed .

Last edited:
There is an issue with the ACPI section of your config.plist. Near the bottom we can see that all three SSDT-UIAC… files are enabled. However, only one of those three should be enabled at a time. Whether this will affect Apple Bluetooth devices is something to check, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up! If sleep/wake does remain an issue with Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard, then a Logitech combination is certainly an excellent alternative.
Thanks @CaseySJ I updated my config as per your suggestion and only selected v2 because that is the only one I see any information on your page 1 description. What is v3 for then? I couldn't find anything that gave info on which of the 3 options should be chosen given the VISION-D board.

What's frustrating is that now I can't get either of my two USB front header ports on my case to recognize my USB keyboard, even when I reboot and am just seeing the BIOS loading. It would seem that since this is before OC and MacOS that these USB devices would be recognized. And they were prior to my making the change to only select v2 of the USB SSDT. Ugh. My new Logitech keyboard and mouse come tomorrow so I expect that will resolve my BT kb and mouse going away from wake.

Given my using the VISION-D and a Fenvi T919, is v1, v2, or v3 the recommended SSDT option? Thanks again for all your help. Seems I am close to working out the kinks here.

** OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI for Z490 Vision D and G **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.​
...​
Hi there CaseySJ regarding
"
Windows Users:
If you are unable to boot Windows through OpenCore, try disabling AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this post"

I have noticed that on 2 SSD setup Mac+Windows - when AppleVTD is enabled through OpenCore the EFI folder is on Mac SSD, and, when you turnoff AppleVTD, the EFI folder is swapped to the Windows SSD. I don't know why that's the case but it strangle happens. Particularly the setting:

"ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off"

Can you please check or someone else so when can confirm this?

Thanks @CaseySJ I updated my config as per your suggestion and only selected v2 because that is the only one I see any information on your page 1 description. What is v3 for then? I couldn't find anything that gave info on which of the 3 options should be chosen given the VISION-D board.

What's frustrating is that now I can't get either of my two USB front header ports on my case to recognize my USB keyboard, even when I reboot and am just seeing the BIOS loading. It would seem that since this is before OC and MacOS that these USB devices would be recognized. And they were prior to my making the change to only select v2 of the USB SSDT. Ugh. My new Logitech keyboard and mouse come tomorrow so I expect that will resolve my BT kb and mouse going away from wake.

Given my using the VISION-D and a Fenvi T919, is v1, v2, or v3 the recommended SSDT option? Thanks again for all your help. Seems I am close to working out the kinks here.
With V2 we must also enable XhciPortLimit kernel quirk in the Kernel section of config.plist. V2 enables all USB 2 and USB 3 ports, but it exceeds the 15 port limit, hence XhciPortLimit needs to be enabled.

Hi there CaseySJ regarding
"
Windows Users:
If you are unable to boot Windows through OpenCore, try disabling AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this post"

I have noticed that on 2 ssd setup mac+windows - when AppleVTD is enabled trough Opencore the EFI folder is on mac ssd and when you turnoff AppleVTD the EFI folder is swapped to the windows ssd. I dont know why thats the case but it strangle happens. Particulary the setting:

"ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off"

Can you please check or someone else so when can confirm this?
Hello @ZiZet,

The EFI folder should definitely not get swapped. But it is possible that Windows has installed its boot loader on both disks. We can check this as follows:
  • Boot into macOS
  • Mount EFI partitions of (a) macOS SSD and (b) Windows SSD
  • Open each one in Finder and expand just the EFI folder
  • Capture screenshot of each one, and post
Screenshot can be captured by pressing CMD-SHIFT-5 then clicking the window. It will be saved to Desktop.

Hello @ZiZet,

The EFI folder should definitely not get swapped. But it is possible that Windows has installed its boot loader on both disks. We can check this as follows:
  • Boot into macOS
  • Mount EFI partitions of (a) macOS SSD and (b) Windows SSD
  • Open each one in Finder and expand just the EFI folder
  • Capture screenshot of each one, and post
Screenshot can be captured by pressing CMD-SHIFT-5 then clicking the window. It will be saved to Desktop.
You are right, silly me... Switching off and on AppleVTD changes Disk order - When Apple VTD is turned ON - mac is Disk0 and windows Disk1 in my case- And Windows doesnt load. When I switch it OFF trough OPC mac is Disk1 and Windows is Disk0 - Windows loads . Does this makes sense?

You are right, silly me... Switching off and on AppleVTD changes Disk order - When Apple VTD is turned ON - mac is Disk0 and windows Disk1 in my case- And Windows doesnt load. When I switch it OFF trough OPC mac is Disk1 and windows is Disk0 - windows loads . Does this makes sence?
Disk identifiers can change. We can see these identifiers by running this command in Terminal:
Code:
diskutil list
It would be interesting to run this command and post the output with AppleVTD enabled and disabled.

Back