Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, With your latest EFI my PC sleeps and wakes, but the RGB Lighting on the 4 RAM sticks still stay lit when in sleep mode. I normally turn the PC off at night, but leave it to sleep during the day when I'm around so I don't have to keep turning on/off.
RGB lights on RAM will always remain powered on during sleep. Always.

Also, I noticed that on the Hackintosh the RX 6800 XT lighting flashes a lot when I have it set to static in Win 11 following the RGB colours of the MB. I have the board set to static Blue but Card flashes between white/blue and purple when I use the PC for a long time.
If this happens in Windows, then you are within your rights to report it to Gigabyte. Have you looked for similar reports from others on the web?

@CaseySJ,
Hi, I haven't been using my Hackintosh for a week, and now it starts to shutting down every time I try to log in? Before that, my Hackintosh was completely fine. Can you help, please!
We can always try these suggestions first:
  • Perform NVRAM Reset.
  • If the problem still occurs, then try a CMOS Reset. This will require you to configure BIOS parameters again, starting with Load Optimized Defaults.
  • If the problem still occurs, try booting from your bootable backup disk.
  • If you don't have a bootable backup (ouch, ouch), then try booting into Recovery and reinstall macOS. Don't erase or format any drives! Just let Recovery reinstall macOS. It will do that in a non-destructive manner.

@CaseySJ Yes, I'm usinga Fenvi-T919. It was working fine until last couple days where I can't wake the Hack using BT keyboard or mouse. And, if I wake it up manually, the mouse and keyboard aren't registering. Both KB and mouse (Magic Mouse) are Apple branded BT devices. Screen shots are below. Really appreciate your help with this...

EDIT: if I connect a USB KB and mouse, I can log in obviously. But it takes a little time before BT wakes up in the prefpane, and, once that happens, then the BT devices all work. So, definitely a wake from sleep problem.
@CaseySJ Any thoughts on my settings shared in post 9112?

@CaseySJ Any thoughts on my settings shared in post 9112?
Alas, sleep/wake issues with Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard are a known issue. I’m not aware of any specific solution, which is not to say there isn’t one. Have you tried searching this site and others?

Alas, sleep/wake issues with Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard are a known issue. I’m not aware of any specific solution, which is not to say there isn’t one. Have you tried searching this site and others?
@CaseySJ I have not searched. Nor did I know Apple's devices were an issue. I will research. But can you tell me if my Hackindrom resulting settings are correct from those screenshots I shared? I'd like to first get that set the way it should be and then I can start looking at fixing the keyboard and mouse issue. Is it as simple as getting a Logitech BT keyboard and mouse as a fix possibly?

Some more comments:
  • How many GPUs are installed in the PCIe slots? Only 1? Or do you have another GPU (like Nvidia)?
  • Can you post a screenshot of "About this Mac" (but hide the serial number), like this:
    • CMD-Shift-5 will put you in Capture Mode, then click in the window. Image will be saved to Desktop. Then select the file and press Spacebar (Quick Look) and click the "pencil" icon as shown. Then draw a solid box on the Serial Number.
View attachment 541100
  • Also download and run IORegistryExplorer (click here to download), then scroll (not 'search') for PEG1 and post another screenshot, like this:
View attachment 541101
Hi CaseySJ,

I found a way to get back to the old BIOS F20 But the issue still persist plus I got another issue as you know we have two LAN on this motherboard (Intel 219 & 225) when I was on the BIOS screen I found both got the same Physical MAC address. It's really weird . I went back to Windows 11 and the same situation - one same Mac address for both Intel LAN (Intel 219 & 225). I don't how I can fix that, too. So I had to update back again to F21 to see if it will be resolved but it didn't. Still same issues plus this new issue.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 7.50.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 7.50.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 7.49.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 7.48.09 PM.png

@CaseySJ I have not searched. Nor did I know Apple's devices were an issue. I will research. But can you tell me if my Hackindrom resulting settings are correct from those screenshots I shared? I'd like to first get that set the way it should be and then I can start looking at fixing the keyboard and mouse issue. Is it as simple as getting a Logitech BT keyboard and mouse as a fix possibly?
There is an issue with the ACPI section of your config.plist. Near the bottom we can see that all three SSDT-UIAC… files are enabled. However, only one of those three should be enabled at a time. Whether this will affect Apple Bluetooth devices is something to check, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up! If sleep/wake does remain an issue with Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard, then a Logitech combination is certainly an excellent alternative.

RGB lights on RAM will always remain powered on during sleep. Always.

If this happens in Windows, then you are within your rights to report it to Gigabyte. Have you looked for similar reports from others on the web?
Thanks for that answer. In Win 11, the Card works perfectly with the RGB light staying solid blue.

iMacPro working for my Vision D Monterey right now perfectly, except AirPlay, and it would seem also Facetime screen sharing. Wondering if the two are related.

Is there any way to get this working without sacrificing Apple Music and Apple TV DRM? Airplay worked when I was using the latest iMac, but after I went to the iMac Pro it stopped (as was warned).

Curious, I have the Apple magic keyboard and trackpad on the aero and the magic mouse on my other machine, no problems with them.

Back