Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I keep getting random freezing and restarts (crashing) as well as click on restart from apple menu on OC 0.7.7 causes system crash. this is what the crash report gives me when I reboot from crash. on Mac OS 12.2. prior to upgrading from OC 0.7.4 no issues my config stayed the same no changes just upgraded and now issues persist..

EDIT: tried to revert back to 0.7.4 now plauged with tons of schema errors because edited 0.7.4 config file on latest opencore 0.7.7 release version. along side that note i'm also experiencing a error message on preboot " HDA: CONTROLLER RESET - TIME OUT ". i see few others as well recently posted about this error its not due to the layout id or device id for audio in device properities but perhaps the actual whatever green and lilu not working well newer gpu's such as 6900 xt the one i'm stuck with.. no matter what i tried downgrading and upgrading i seem to have errors that are perhaps related to 12.2 mac os using a 6900 xt gpu ? please any advice would be great !

Some comments:
  • To revert to 0.7.4 try using the OpenCore EFI folder from your bootable backup disk. OpenCore Configurator only supports two versions of OpenCore so to edit the 0.7.4 config file it’s necessary to download an older version of OpenCore Configurator.
  • To avoid HDA controller timeout, simply disable AudioDxe.efi from UEFI —> Drivers section of config.plist.

@misterwiggles

The gods of energy conservation are obviously telling you to power down the machine at the end of each day!

I would suggest to monitor the situation and report back if this occurs again. I have experienced some wake issues recently, but they are occasional and not really bothersome. If you comb through Apple’s own support pages, you’ll see that all sorts of issues affect real Macs as well.
@CaseySJ Some time ago I installed a YOUBO card for WiFi and Bluetooth and had sleep/wake issues (don't remember OC version). I later switched to using your Intel version of WiFi and Bluetooth but also switched to using a wired keyboard and mouse. Ethernet is hardwired so didn't really noticed any issues. Recently I upgraded to Monterey and OC 0.7.7 and tried to switch back to my bluetooth keyboard and mouse and had lots of problems with bluetooth. So I decided to re-install my YOUBO card and had sleep issues again but bluetooth worked much better with Monterey and OC 0.7.7. Finally decided to try turning off USBWakeFixup.kext in KERNEL. Sleep seems to take a bit longer to sleep than before but machine does sleep and power nap does appear to work. This works for me but cannot say if it will work for someone else.

Rand

Finally decided to try turning off USBWakeFixup.kext in KERNEL. Sleep seems to take a bit longer to sleep than before but machine does sleep and power nap does appear to work. This works for me but cannot say if it will work for someone else.

Rand
I'm going to try this to see if it fixes my occasional sleep/wake reboots. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else with these issues try this fix yet? I'll report back.

I'm going to try this to see if it fixes my occasional sleep/wake reboots. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else with these issues try this fix yet? I'll report back.
Never had reboot issues but hope this helps solve your problem.

Is there a way to get the red USB3 ports on the vision D to work>. What USB3 add in card is recommended if we need more, robust USB3 ports? Anything plug and play?

Is there a way to get the red USB3 ports on the vision D to work>. What USB3 add in card is recommended if we need more, robust USB3 ports? Anything plug and play?
Please see Solution 2 in this post regarding USB 3 cards:

What version of OSX?
What firmware on your Z490 Vision D?

Hi @Lensjocky,

Can you share with me your EFI Folder Because I have same motherboard and Vega Card but my about Mac showing without Vega info not like what you have:

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 1.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 1.18.05 PM.png

Please also tell me what BIOS version you are using F20 OR the newest one F21. (I am using F21.)

I will be appreciated

Hi @Lensjocky,

Can you share with me your EFI Folder Because I have same motherboard and Vega Card but my about Mac showing without Vega info not like what you have:

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 1.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 1.18.05 PM.png

Please also tell me what BIOS version you are using F20 OR the newest one F21. (I am using F21.)

I will be appreciated
read post 1

read post 1
I have read it but it didn't help me in my situation I am on BIOS VER F21 and I am not be able to go back to the old release of bios. the new bios is protected, couldn't erase it
So I need urgent help.

I am writing with my F20 BIOS hackintosh. It is sucks. No BT at all, I can enable it. No SideCar, no reliable wifi. WT* is that thing? It destroyed my build.

Back