Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes, sorry i added the proper file in the proper directory (you are right it's not a kext !) but I forgot that I downloaded on Chrome and the file was zero ko as potentially harmful (I usually use Firefox..).

Anyway after adding the downloaded file it does not change anything, still the same warning message before OC menu. :(
Do you have a backup of the OpenCore 0.7.6 folder? HackinDROM creates a backup automatically. If so, double check whether the message appears there.

I have back up since OC 0.62 :).
My former EFI 0.76 (in fact it's yours !) was perfectly fine.
This message appears for the very 1st time with 0.77
Try disabling AudioDxe.efi in config.plist. If the message still appears, then we know it’s due to something else.

No more warning message with the driver disabled.
Furthermore my sound system amplifier plus DAC still works perfectly well... (strange for me but maybe I missed something...)
AudioDxe.efi is used for the boot chime. In OC 0.7.7 we are outputting the chime to all audio channels on HDEF device (Realtek ALC-1220). We can try limiting it to just one output channel like we did in OC 0.7.6.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.59.28 AM.png

Last edited:
Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but has anyone tried this build with a 6800 graphics card? I have a friend who may be switching to a Nvidia card so I have the opportunity to acquire it at an OK price. I'm aware I might not get the full potential with a PCIe 3 motherboard.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but has anyone tried this build with a 6800 graphics card? I have a friend who may be switching to a Nvidia card so I have the opportunity to acquire it at an OK price. I'm aware I might not get the full potential with a PCIe 3 motherboard.
I’m using a Sapphire Nitro+ RX6800. No problems. Great card.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just hoping they don't decide to go down the "how much can I get on eBay?" route as I'm not paying crazy money for it, but it seemed like a good jump from the RX580

Back