Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I thought maybe there was a macOS updated installed so I tried updating to OC 0.7.7 (CaseySJ version). But when I installed this OC version macOS booted but the mouse freezing started to happen and I got a "HDA: controller reset - Time out" message before I could select to boot macOS.
You and @MacArthur are both seeing the HDA: controller reset - timeout message. Can you both try the following:
  • Mount EFI partition and backup or rename EFI/OC/Drivers/AudioDxe.efi
  • Download the latest pre-078 version attached
  • Copy it to the same EFI/OC/Drivers folder
  • Reboot
  • Does the timeout message still appear?

After that I wiped the entire disk and reinstalled macOS completely using macOS 12.1 with OC 0.7.7. Before I was running macOS 12.0.1. But after the reinstall the mouse problem still was there.

I did a complete Bios Load Defaults and loaded my macOS bios profile from a year ago. But still the mouse problem is here.

Now I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

When my mouse cursor freezes and YouTube keeps on playing my keyboard also doesn't register any keystrokes. But when the mouse starts moving again the missing keystrokes appear on the screen.

I'm using a Apple Magic Trackpad 2 using a BCM4360 BT/Wifi card. My normal mouse is a Logitech MX Master 3 connected to a Logitech USB Unifying receiver and my keyboard is a Apple wired keyboard. There are no other USB devices connected to the computer.

This is very puzzling because even the Logitech MX Master 3 is stuttering. Some questions/suggestions:
  • Is the MX Master 3 connected via Bluetooth or via Logitech USB Unifying receiver?
  • If you disable Bluetooth (System Preferences --> Bluetooth --> Turn Bluetooth Off) does the stuttering still occur with MX Master 3?
  • This is a bit of a long shot, but run Activity Monitor from Applications --> Utilities folder and sort the list by %CPU so that the most CPU intensive apps are listed first. Is there any app or service that is taking up CPU time even when the system is idle? Feel free to post screenshot.

Attachments

• AudioDxe.efi
    116 KB · Views: 42
Hey! Has anyone dealt with Z490 vision D + AVID HD Native PCI-e? I installed the Mojave, the processor mask, 10Gbps native network card and this card, but the logic hangs when working with it. in another hackintosh and in the original mac pro it works without problems. I don't understand what this card needs to work properly.

Not an Avid HD Native PCI-e card, but I do have an Avid HDX PCI-e card installed and working as expected in my z490 Vision D mobo. I had no problems with the installation of the driver or the PTU software. I do know that PCI-E slot 4 was given me problems when it was populated with a UAD2 card. Also, the HDX card wouldn't be recognized by my OS (Windows or macOS) unless it was placed in the 2nd PCI-e slot. You might want to change the order of your PCI-e card and if you have other PCI-e cards installed (not the video card), remove those and try to get the HD Native card working first in slots 2, 3, or 4 and only after that reinstall your other PCI-e cards.

As you stated Catalina is golden. It hasn't given me any problems so far so maybe you soon upgrade to 10.15.7 and see that works as it did for me. My only issue is I can't get AirDrop to function but I'm going to post that soon.

Does anybody have AirDrop working in Catalina 10.15.7? If anyone does, what did you do to get it functional, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Let's tackle the second issue first, as follows:
  • Software Update is not giving you the option to upgrade to Monterey 12.1.
  • This can be fixed as follows:
    • Change SecureBootModel in Misc --> Security to Disabled (not Default)
    • Reboot and log back in
    • Now try System Preferences --> Software Update again. You should have the upgrade option now.
    • Proceed with the full upgrade.
  • When 12.1 is fully installed, you may either keep SecureBootModel set to Disabled or you may change it back to Default.
Hello CaseySJ,
I just checked the setting you have mentioned. It's "Disabled." I am attaching the config.plist file if you find some time to verify it. Other than that, what else could be wrong? Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.1 KB · Views: 28
You and @MacArthur are both seeing the HDA: controller reset - timeout message. Can you both try the following:
  • Mount EFI partition and backup or rename EFI/OC/Drivers/AudioDxe.efi
  • Download the latest pre-078 version attached
  • Copy it to the same EFI/OC/Drivers folder
  • Reboot
  • Does the timeout message still appear?

This is very puzzling because even the Logitech MX Master 3 is stuttering. Some questions/suggestions:
  • Is the MX Master 3 connected via Bluetooth or via Logitech USB Unifying receiver?
  • If you disable Bluetooth (System Preferences --> Bluetooth --> Turn Bluetooth Off) does the stuttering still occur with MX Master 3?
  • This is a bit of a long shot, but run Activity Monitor from Applications --> Utilities folder and sort the list by %CPU so that the most CPU intensive apps are listed first. Is there any app or service that is taking up CPU time even when the system is idle? Feel free to post screenshot.

Can't load the new kext while loading OpenCore :(

i find a new method to show system audio, but still no display audio:
WX20220119-124947@2x.png

we must delete device-id, and change layout-id to 28:
WX20220119-125103@2x.png

Can't load the new kext while loading OpenCore :(
It’s an EFI driver, which is different from kext. Just have to replace the file in OC/Drivers folder. No change to config.plist.

It’s an EFI driver, which is different from kext. Just have to replace the file in OC/Drivers folder. No change to config.plist.

Yes, sorry i added the proper file in the proper directory (you are right it's not a kext !) but I forgot that I downloaded on Chrome and the file was zero ko as potentially harmful (I usually use Firefox..).

Anyway after adding the downloaded file it does not change anything, still the same warning message before OC menu. :(

Back