Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So a couple of updates and a question on my new build. Perhaps for @CaseySJ mostly. But open to others input:

- New build working great. Have Windows 11 & Monterey on their own NVMe drives.
- 10g ethernet working great with Aquantia kext enabled (Sonnet Solo 10g card)
- Using AMD 6800 XT GPU and 64g of Crucial RAM.
- Sleep currently works great.

Question:

- My Fenvi Bluetooth/WIFI card arrives today. I've read that adding this card may cause Sleep to not work properly. Is there some recommended procedure to keep sleep working with this card?

Thanks for this thread. And for HackdRom. Made this whole process much easier. I've built a hack previously but this was easily the smoothest.

I've just fit mine this second. I cant get mine workimg. Do kexts need to be removed?
Wrong thread to post in. This topic is Z490 chipset only.

So a couple of updates and a question on my new build. Perhaps for @CaseySJ mostly. But open to others input:

- New build working great. Have Windows 11 & Monterey on their own NVMe drives.
- 10g ethernet working great with Aquantia kext enabled (Sonnet Solo 10g card)
- Using AMD 6800 XT GPU and 64g of Crucial RAM.
- Sleep currently works great.
Good baseline. Making a full bootable backup would be recommended.

Question:

- My Fenvi Bluetooth/WIFI card arrives today. I've read that adding this card may cause Sleep to not work properly. Is there some recommended procedure to keep sleep working with this card?
In all the Hackintoshes listed in my signature, I have not experienced any sleep/wake issues with the Fenvi. I know others have, but the point is that the probability of this should be low. Simply install the card as follows:
  • Shut down the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF (or pull plug from the wall). No ifs, ands, or buts. In the words of Nike, just do it.
  • Install Fenvi in the short PCIe x1 slot.
  • Connect supplied Bluetooth USB data cable to F_USB internal USB 2.0 header. Remember that Bluetooth operates over USB. If you don't connect the USB cable...you get the idea.
  • Power up the system. No drivers or other configuration changes needed.
  • Test WiFi, test Bluetooth, test sleep/wake.

I've just fit mine this second. I cant get mine workimg. Do kexts need to be removed?
If you're using the BCM94360NG M.2 card (not the FV-T919 PCIe card) then disable all of the following:
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

In all the Hackintoshes listed in my signature, I have not experienced any sleep/wake issues with the Fenvi. I know others have, but the point is that the probability of this should be low. Simply install the card as follows:
  • Shut down the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF (or pull plug from the wall). No ifs, ands, or buts. In the words of Nike, just do it.
  • Install Fenvi in the short PCIe x1 slot.
  • Connect supplied Bluetooth USB data cable to F_USB internal USB 2.0 header. Remember that Bluetooth operates over USB. If you don't connect the USB cable...you get the idea.
  • Power up the system. No drivers or other configuration changes needed.
  • Test WiFi, test Bluetooth, test sleep/wake.
Thank you. Exact procedure I was planning to follow. Will report back either way so others know.

Windows 11 is using the onboard Intel chips for bluetooth and WIFI. No issues there.

I assume you mean a USB stick with my working EFI on it, correct? I have the one I used for the Monterey Install and planned to just copy the working EFI back to that stick.

Hi there you all,

It has been a while when I last participated on this forum. But now I'm stuck and I hope someone can help.

When I run my Hackintosh my mouse cursor freezes for one second every couple of seconds. About 3 seconds pass before the mouse hangs again. If I play a YouTube movie the movie will continue while my mouse cursor hangs. The same goes for my Apple Magic Trackpad. It also hangs for 1 second.

This problem started when I used a key combination to shut down my Hackintosh. I used Control-Command-Eject for the first time to power down my Mac. After that macOS did not wanted to boot anymore. Don't know if this could have triggered the error but I'm only telling exactly what happend. At this time I was on OC 0.7.5 (November release from CaseySJ)

I thought maybe there was a macOS updated installed so I tried updating to OC 0.7.7 (CaseySJ version). But when I installed this OC version macOS booted but the mouse freezing started to happen and I got a "HDA: controller reset - Time out" message before I could select to boot macOS.

At this time I did a NVRAM reset. But the error was still there and mouse still freezes after 3 seconds.

I changed the OC back to 0.7.5 and the HDA error was gone again but the mouse still was freezing.

After that I wiped the entire disk and reinstalled macOS completely using macOS 12.1 with OC 0.7.7. Before I was running macOS 12.0.1. But after the reinstall the mouse problem still was there.

I did a complete Bios Load Defaults and loaded my macOS bios profile from a year ago. But still the mouse problem is here.

Now I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

When my mouse cursor freezes and YouTube keeps on playing my keyboard also doesn't register any keystrokes. But when the mouse starts moving again the missing keystrokes appear on the screen.

I'm using a Apple Magic Trackpad 2 using a BCM4360 BT/Wifi card. My normal mouse is a Logitech MX Master 3 connected to a Logitech USB Unifying receiver and my keyboard is a Apple wired keyboard. There are no other USB devices connected to the computer.

Anyone??

Back