Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to the macOS 12.2 public beta 21D5039d it starts loading but then it crashes after some trying to load USB (I think) see image below.
I'm attaching also anonimized EFI (0.7.7) config.plist
Should I use something else than iMac19,1?
I forgot to say that I'm using BIOS f5
Should I upgrade it?

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to the macOS 12.2 public beta 21D5039d it starts loading but then it crashes after some trying to load USB (I think) see image below.
I'm attaching also anonimized EFI (0.7.7) config.plist
Should I use something else than iMac19,1?

For Z490 with an i9 you should probably switch to an iMact20,2 SMBIOS.

For Z490 with an i9 you should probably switch to an iMact20,2 SMBIOS.
Thanks.
I tried but it crashes at the same point.
The added problem with iMac 20,2 is that it does not show the macOS beta in the System Preferences -> Software Updates

No problem at all with F21. No changes in bios settings. All software such as Adobe Production Suite, Protools, Logic, Vectorworks are fine.
Thanks Mate

Hey! Has anyone dealt with Z490 vision D + AVID HD Native PCI-e? I installed the Mojave, the processor mask, 10Gbps native network card and this card, but the logic hangs when working with it. in another hackintosh and in the original mac pro it works without problems. I don't understand what this card needs to work properly.

Is the other hackintosh (where the card works) a native/supported Mojave install? Or is it also using FakeCPUID? I've considered using a FakeCPUID to install Mojave on my second hack, which is also going to be running PT, but heard it isn't very sable, hence my question. Right now I'm on Catalina, which I heard was the next best thing.

Is the other hackintosh (where the card works) a native/supported Mojave install? Or is it also using FakeCPUID? I've considered using a FakeCPUID to install Mojave on my second hack, which is also going to be running PT, but heard it isn't very sable, hence my question. Right now I'm on Catalina, which I heard was the next best thing.
other hackintosh using Catalina. Tomorrow I'll try to update this hack to Catalina. But in Apple MacPro this card work fine on High Sierra. need to install only drivers from AVID website, nothing more. don't know why we have a problem in Mojave.

Thanks.
I tried but it crashes at the same point.
The added problem with iMac 20,2 is that it does not show the macOS beta in the System Preferences -> Software Updates
Some questions:
  • Are you currently on 12.1 or earlier beta of 12.2?
  • If earlier beta of 12.2, did you encounter this problem when installed that version?
  • Had anything significant changed between then and now? SIP, SecureBootModel, new software, new devices?
  • At what step of the upgrade process does the crash occur? The log does not show a crash so are you sure there is a crash?

Some questions:
  • Are you currently on 12.1 or earlier beta of 12.2?
  • If earlier beta of 12.2, did you encounter this problem when installed that version?
  • Had anything significant changed between then and now? SIP, SecureBootModel, new software, new devices?
  • At what step of the upgrade process does the crash occur? The log does not show a crash so are you sure there is a crash?
OK, thanks to @Lensjocky and @djx8605 for the suggestions. I upograded the BIOS to F21 and the model to iMac 20,2 and the COMPBINATION of both things allowed the upgrade to proceed flawlessly.

To answer @CaseySJ I was on 12.2beta1 trying to go to beta 2.
The 12.2 beta 1 upgrade went smoothly with f5 and model 19,1
Nothing changed in between.
In the log once it gets to message: 0xE0000010 it just restart from boot in a cycle and keeps restarting if I choose MacintoshHD (with the installer) instead of my boot drive (which has a different name).

In any case now with f21 and iMac20,2 I was able to install well. We'll see in a couple of weeks waht happens with beta 3.

On last thing to consider is that after upgrading to f21 all my BIOS settings were wiped (silly me I did not save to disk), and I did not re-construct them yet as per instruction on page1.
But everything sees to work well and it upgraded so I'll tackle that tomorrow.
One problem now is that @CaseySJ says in the first page that USB-C does not work with firmware above F5. Is that still true?

And we'll see in a couple of weeks what happens with beta 3.

One probelm now is that @CaseySJ says in the first page that USB-C does not work with firmware above f5. Is that still true?

Congrats on getting 12.2 installed. USB-C devices will work on front panel USB-C port, but may not work on the two Thunderbolt ports on rear IO panel. Do let us know what you experience.

Back