Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

What problems are you encountering with the i225-V? On my Z490 Pro AX, the 2 FakePCIID kexts + the device-id added (from the OC folder config) got it working. I'm going to do a full test today, as I didn't have a chance to actually connect it to the network yet. Will report back if I come across any issues.
Oh it just doesn't even show up anymore as an Ethernet interface.

I recently dumped my Syba 10GbE card for the TP-Link TX-401 card, which has yielded significant improvement, but is still not fully working in Catalina (works great in Big Sur, Monterey, and Win10). Not sure if that has anything to do with the i225-V issue in Catalina. I just haven't had a chance to dig back into troubleshooting.

Oh it just doesn't even show up anymore as an Ethernet interface.

I recently dumped my Syba 10GbE card for the TP-Link TX-401 card, which has yielded significant improvement, but is still not fully working in Catalina (works great in Big Sur, Monterey, and Win10). Not sure if that has anything to do with the i225-V issue in Catalina. I just haven't had a chance to dig back into troubleshooting.

Interesting... Did it work before? Or was it never working? One thing I know that differs between boards is the actual PCI path, I've seen 2 different ones. If it has never worked, check the PCI path with hackintool or GFXUtil (in terminal, run gfxutil -f ethernet). Obviously if the path isn't correct the device-id property won't be added, which may cause it to not show up. As @CaseySJ mentioned a few posts back, you need both the device-id inserted and the FakePCIID kexts in order for it to work. And if you are using Casey's OC folder as is, the devices>add>device-id for the i225-V is commented out (#) so you need to remove the comment that line (remove the "#") for it to take effect.
I've also seen a few device-id values throughout forum posts, so maybe some cards use/need different ids? Not sure :) But may be worth trying.

Interesting... Did it work before? Or was it never working? One thing I know that differs between boards is the actual PCI path, I've seen 2 different ones. If it has never worked, check the PCI path with hackintool or GFXUtil (in terminal, run gfxutil -f ethernet). Obviously if the path isn't correct the device-id property won't be added, which may cause it to not show up. As @CaseySJ mentioned a few posts back, you need both the device-id inserted and the FakePCIID kexts in order for it to work. And if you are using Casey's OC folder as is, the devices>add>device-id for the i225-V is commented out (#) so you need to remove the comment that line (remove the "#") for it to take effect.
I've also seen a few device-id values throughout forum posts, so maybe some cards use/need different ids? Not sure :) But may be worth trying.
It used to work great up until somewhat recently (not really sure, but it stopped within the last six months). Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a shot the next chance I get.

Anyone update from F20 to F21 as yet? Does Monterey and Big Sur still work? What changes did you make in bios if it works?

Anyone update from F20 to F21 as yet? Does Monterey and Big Sur still work? What changes did you make in bios if it works?

Not sure if it helps, but the hack I'm currently building (Z490 Aorus Pro AX) is using the latest firmware, which has also been recently been updated like the rest, and Big Sur is running on it with no issues that I can tell. Of course this is not the same exact board, but I'm sure most of these are probably very similar when it comes to firmware. The only thing I'd be weary of is the fact that Vision D has TB, and the Pro AX does not. However, I'm also going to replace my Z490 Vision D with the Z590 version, so if anything I'll update the firmware on my Z490 before I remove it, and see what happens. It may take me a day or 2 to get to it though. Anything in specific you'd like me to check or test for? :)

Not sure if it helps, but the hack I'm currently building (Z490 Aorus Pro AX) is using the latest firmware, which has also been recently been updated like the rest, and Big Sur is running on it with no issues that I can tell. Of course this is not the same exact board, but I'm sure most of these are probably very similar when it comes to firmware. The only thing I'd be weary of is the fact that Vision D has TB, and the Pro AX does not. However, I'm also going to replace my Z490 Vision D with the Z590 version, so if anything I'll update the firmware on my Z490 before I remove it, and see what happens. It may take me a day or 2 to get to it though. Anything in specific you'd like me to check or test for? :)
Not looking at anything in particular just checking if it will work with the Z490VD because once that BIOS is installed we cannot revert as per the website so I'm just trying to be cautious.

No problem at all with F21. No changes in bios settings. All software such as Adobe Production Suite, Protools, Logic, Vectorworks are fine.

Hey! Has anyone dealt with Z490 vision D + AVID HD Native PCI-e? I installed the Mojave, the processor mask, 10Gbps native network card and this card, but the logic hangs when working with it. in another hackintosh and in the original mac pro it works without problems. I don't understand what this card needs to work properly.

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to the macOS 12.2 public beta 21D5039d it starts loading but then it crashes after some trying to load USB (I think) see image below.
I'm attaching also anonimized EFI (0.7.7) config.plist
Should I use something else than iMac19,1?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 10.38.47.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 10.38.47.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • configanon.plist
    31 KB · Views: 34
Hello!

After updating to Monterey USB devices (integrated to LG UltraFine 5K) connected through Thunderbolt AIC (Titan Ridge v 2.0) stop working after sleep/wake:

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 17.44.47.png

Reconnecting the display does not help. All other USB devices work well.

I tried to change power management settings around thunderbolt and PCI devices, but nothing.

Back