Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes I can use facetime and iMessage just cannot login into iCloud.

So my Apple Watch does not unlock and also cannot access my iCloud Drive.

I have attached a version that gets the full 5.2GHZ but I get no serial under about this Mac so that’s why I can’t seem to login into some iCloud services.

Maybe you could see if I have missed something.

Cliff

Attachments

• With Turbo Boost.zip
    12 MB · Views: 31
Yes I can use facetime and iMessage just cannot login into iCloud.

So my Apple Watch does not unlock and also cannot access my iCloud Drive.

I have attached a version that gets the full 5.2GHZ but I get no serial under about this Mac so that’s why I can’t seem to login into some iCloud services.

Maybe you could see if I have missed something.

Cliff
Please try attached config.plist, but realize that you're using your own OpenCore configuration instead of the one provided in this thread. Therefore any problems related to one's own EFI should technically be posted in the forum: Installation --> Monterey Desktop Support.

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.8 KB · Views: 33
Please try attached config.plist, but realize that you're using your own OpenCore configuration instead of the one provided in this thread. Therefore any problems related to one's own EFI should technically be posted in the forum: Installation --> Monterey Desktop Support.
I am sorry, I was unaware about posting my own config here.

I have tried that config and has the very same effect.

Stuck on 3.7GHZ.

Really am baffled here.

I am sorry, I was unaware about posting my own config here.

I have tried that config and has the very same effect.

Stuck on 3.7GHZ.

Really am baffled here.
I've not dealt with clock speeds in the past so this is a bit out of my comfort zone. Only CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider, I think, should impact clock speeds. Maybe you're using a mismatched version of CPUFriendDataProvider?

Hey all, quick question: I'm building a secondary hack using a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX on Catalina 15.7 (19H15), but I can't seem to get the i225-v working... Does anyone know of, or have any patches, kext or way to get the Intel I225-V ethernet adapter working? I've tried the device property and kernel patch suggested on dortania's OC guide, as well as using FakePCIID kexts, no go. I read somewhere on github that the Catalina 15.7 security update broke the kernel patch, so not sure if that's what's happening here. Any help/advice would be appreciated. When using FakePCIID and the ...Intel_I225-v kexts, IOReg shows that FakePCIID is attaching, but no ethernet shows up on system info.

On a similar note, given the constant developments of the Intel kext for WIFI/Bluetooth, is the Fenvi T919 still the better choice? Or is the performance of the Intel Bluetooth and WIFI stable enough and equal or better than the Fenvi?

Hey all, quick question: I'm building a secondary hack using a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX on Catalina 15.7 (19H15), but I can't seem to get the i225-v working... Does anyone know of, or have any patches, kext or way to get the Intel I225-V ethernet adapter working? I've tried the device property and kernel patch suggested on dortania's OC guide, as well as using FakePCIID kexts, no go. I read somewhere on github that the Catalina 15.7 security update broke the kernel patch, so not sure if that's what's happening here. Any help/advice would be appreciated. When using FakePCIID and the ...Intel_I225-v kexts, IOReg shows that FakePCIID is attaching, but no ethernet shows up on system info.
It's been a while since I booted Catalina, but have you tried:
  1. Setting device-ID in Device Properties
  2. And using the two FakePCIID kexts
Both (1) and (2) should be done together.

On a similar note, given the constant developments of the Intel kext for WIFI/Bluetooth, is the Fenvi T919 still the better choice? Or is the performance of the Intel Bluetooth and WIFI stable enough and equal or better than the Fenvi?
OpenIntelWireless drivers do not support most Handoff / Continuity functions such as:
  • AirDrop
  • Unlock with Apple Watch
  • Continuity Camera
  • Etc.
Refer to this post for a list of Continuity features:
However, Handoff and Continuity Clipboard are supported.

OpenIntelWireless drivers do not support most Handoff / Continuity functions such as:
  • AirDrop
  • Unlock with Apple Watch
  • Continuity Camera
  • Etc.
Refer to this post for a list of Continuity features:
However, Handoff and Continuity Clipboard are supported.

@CaseySJ, Thanks for the quick and informative reply! Which device ID do you recommend? [edit: NVM, I got it working, used the device-id in the vision-d config]
I've seen a few floating around, some say to use data field and others to use string, you know how things go on the highway of information lol.
I actually was thinking of installing Big Sur and calling it a day, but I plan to run ProTools on this hack, and from what I've read ProTools is not as stable on Big Sur, hence my choice to run Catalina. But if any PT users can chime in with their Big Sur experience, I'd appreciate it!

As for the OpenIntel, I'll stick with the Fenvi for now then, to keep things as stable as possible. Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Here's another question relevant to Z490 builds: Given the current shortage/prices of AMD cards, I purchased an Asus NVIDIA 730 (2GB DDR5, GK208) to run as a discrete card on this second hack, with the IGPU as headless... Has anyone had any experience using an NVIDIA Kepler card with an iMac20,2 or 20,1 SMBIOS (as oppose to the expected AMD DGPU)?
I thought of using iMacPro1,1, SMBIOS, but I read that in order to use iMacPro1,1 you need to be using an AMD DGPU, so I'm using the Imac SMBIOS instead. The only issue I've noticed so far is no HDMI audio; @CaseySJ, on your original post you have updates that mentioned HDMI working and/or not working. Could this have something to do with why the NVIDIA HDMI audio is not working either? Again, running 10.15.7 on a Z490 Aorus Pro AX with an i9-10850k and NVIDIA GT 730, OpenCore0.7.6. I've also got a second drive with Big Sur installed, no HDMI audio there either. In both Catalina and Big Sur IORegs I have an HDAU entry under GFX0, but nothing attached there.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide.

For what it's worth while I've been troubleshooting my 10GbE NIC issue, and since Catalina is still my primary macOS in my hack, I'm also having issues getting the 2.5GbE port to work. I'm using the latest OC Vision D from your mini guide with the FakePCIID kexts and device-ID you set up. When I get a chance to dig back into troubleshooting, I'll try to do some additional investigating on the 2.5GbE port.

For what it's worth while I've been troubleshooting my 10GbE NIC issue, and since Catalina is still my primary macOS in my hack, I'm also having issues getting the 2.5GbE port to work. I'm using the latest OC Vision D from your mini guide with the FakePCIID kexts and device-ID you set up. When I get a chance to dig back into troubleshooting, I'll try to do some additional investigating on the 2.5GbE port.

What problems are you encountering with the i225-V? On my Z490 Pro AX, the 2 FakePCIID kexts + the device-id added (from the OC folder config) got it working. I'm going to do a full test today, as I didn't have a chance to actually connect it to the network yet. Will report back if I come across any issues.
BTW, does anyone know if the kernel patch was ever update or could be updated, such that the 2 FakePCIID kexts aren't needed?

Back