Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the confusion. I am coming from windows PCs and this is my first Hackintosh.

On PCs i can hear the sound over HDMI embedded audio with my monitor which is extracting the digital audio from the HDMI signal. I just want to know if it is possible on a Hackintosh with iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output to switch the audio output from the analog rear output (which is now working with extra analog loudspeakers) to an embedded HDMI audio which i can hear over the monitor build in loadspeakers like with a PC and if yes what kext or setting i may have to add to try to get an embedded HDMI audio out choice option in the sound -> output selection? - i have now four audio out options in sound -> output, but the choice named DigitalOut (with type: optical digital-out port) is not working and the others three choices seems of a type: analog line-out port (rear out / front-out / other-out).

Everything seems now working over iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output with these extra iGPU settings (see my picture) from your EFI. But these settings may change for future macOS or other CPU/iGPUs mainboard combinations. So i just want to know for future installations where i can find a guide or information to find these extra settings (see my picture) by myself from a guide or software tool or other information links?

Thank you for any answer.

Last edited:
I just noticed your post there. I've never been able to get my Vision G to sleep successfully. I always thought it was my Fenvi card. How does the CPU base clock change fit into this solution? Thanks.
When my PC went to sleep, it always restarted instead of sleeping. I don't why. I just changed CPU clock to 100Mhz, my PC sleep successfully.

@CaseySJ
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the confusion. I am coming from windows PCs and this is my first Hackintosh.

On PCs i can hear the sound over HDMI embedded audio with my monitor which is extracting the digital audio from the HDMI signal. I just want to know if it is possible on a Hackintosh with iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output to switch the audio output from the analog rear output (which is now working with extra analog loudspeakers) to an embedded HDMI audio which i can hear over the monitor build in loadspeakers like with a PC and if yes what kext or setting i may have to add to try to get an embedded HDMI audio out choice option in the sound -> output selection? - i have now four audio out options in sound -> output, but the choice named DigitalOut (with type: optical digital-out port) is not working and the others three choices seems of a type: analog line-out port (rear out / front-out / other-out).
Understood. Two things to check:
  • In the Sound menubar option please see if your monitor's name is listed. Whenever HDMI audio is available, the name of the monitor will appear here. Because I'm away from home, here's what my 14" MacBook Pro shows. Under Output you should see the name of your monitor.
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 7.18.12 AM.png

• If the name of your monitor does not appear, please post screenshots of OpenCore Configurator --> Device Properties as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 7.22.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 7.22.12 AM.png

Everything seems now working over iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output with these extra iGPU settings (see my picture) from your EFI. But these settings may change for future macOS or other CPU/iGPUs mainboard combinations. So i just want to know for future installations where i can find a guide or information to find these extra settings (see my picture) by myself from a guide or software tool or other information links?
One of the first guides I created was to address this issue. It's a bit old now, but still relevant. It's located here:
Thanks to @deeveedee for filling in for my negligence in answering the questions there! :)

@CaseySJ Here are the screenshots you requested, and no, I am connecting USB drives both 2.X and 3.X and MacOS are not detecting the USB drives when I connecting them to those USB ports right next to the thunderbolts ports. Please let me know what can I do, and many many thanks!
USB 3.x devices should connect to the red USB ports. Even USB 2.x devices should connect there because all ports are enabled.

I'm away from home at the moment so cannot check this myself. If anyone else with Z490 Vision D cannot use their red USB ports, please let us know.

USB 3.x devices should connect to the red USB ports. Even USB 2.x devices should connect there because all ports are enabled.

I'm away from home at the moment so cannot check this myself. If anyone else with Z490 Vision D cannot use their red USB ports, please let us know.
I routinely use those RED ports next to the Thunderbolt ports on our Z490s for USB 3.2 devices. The are fully functional.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Merry morning Sire, are we stable with Mac OS 12.1 on the Z490?
I wish replace a RX 5700 XT with a RX 6600 XT

Kindly advise.

Tony.
Sure; macOS 12.1 is stable on this system.

I believe I have solved my issue of USB drives disconnecting during sleep: The issue seemed to pop up after a RAM upgrade (went from 32GB of 2400MHz ram to 64GB of 3200MHz ram), and it seems that downclocking the RAM to 2666MHz has solved the issue.
So I can report that this has fixed my issues of USB drives disconnecting during sleep and kernel panic from wake. In BIOS I kept my XMP profile 1, and just changed the system memory multiplier from Auto to 2666MHz. I have 4x32 Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 MHz. No discernible difference for my usage. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

So I can report that this has fixed my issues of USB drives disconnecting during sleep and kernel panic from wake. In BIOS I kept my XMP profile 1, and just changed the system memory multiplier from Auto to 2666MHz. I have 4x32 Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 MHz. No discernible difference for my usage. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Ooh I had turned XMP off and manually set to 2666… maybe that difference is minimal but I’ll try your way too and report back :)

Back