Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Can you elaborate on the 15-port USB SSDT part? I don't know anything about the 15-port USB SSDT, I just used your 0.7.6 EFI files and hope it will work. Do you have any specific guide on that? Thanks!

I believe I have solved my issue of USB drives disconnecting during sleep: The issue seemed to pop up after a RAM upgrade (went from 32GB of 2400MHz ram to 64GB of 3200MHz ram), and it seems that downclocking the RAM to 2666MHz has solved the issue.

I believe I have solved my issue of USB drives disconnecting during sleep: The issue seemed to pop up after a RAM upgrade (went from 32GB of 2400MHz ram to 64GB of 3200MHz ram), and it seems that downclocking the RAM to 2666MHz has solved the issue.
Good to hear! I'll have to try this, especially after reading up on this thread as well:

I haven't been able to get my system to sleep without USB drives disconnecting (using jettison fixes this) and panic after wake. Sleep has been low on my list since I overclock my i9-10850k and I'm pretty basic with it (meaning I'm sure it's not the MOST stable), so I've just assumed that the OC is my problem. Graphics is stock, RAM is XMP Profile1

I have 128GB @ 3200MHz, I'm sure dropping to 2666MHz will not be noticed. I'll let ya'll know if it works in a day or so when I am able.

I have a vision D Z490 board with i9 10850K processor, and I am using @CaseySJ 0.7.6 EFI. Do I really need to follow the guide and remap all the USB ports? The only two USB ports that are not working are the two USB 3.0 ports right next to the two thunderbolt ports on the motherboard. Please help!

I have a vision D Z490 board with i9 10850K processor, and I am using @CaseySJ 0.7.6 EFI. Do I really need to follow the guide and remap all the USB ports? The only two USB ports that are not working are the two USB 3.0 ports right next to the two thunderbolt ports on the motherboard. Please help!
Two items:
  • Please post the following two screenshots:
    • ACPI section of OpenCore Configurator
    • Kernel section of OpenCore Configurator
  • Are you connecting a USB 2.x or USB 3.x device to those red ports?

Two items:
  • Please post the following two screenshots:
    • ACPI section of OpenCore Configurator
    • Kernel section of OpenCore Configurator
  • Are you connecting a USB 2.x or USB 3.x device to those red ports?
@CaseySJ Here are the screenshots you requested, and no, I am connecting USB drives both 2.X and 3.X and MacOS are not detecting the USB drives when I connecting them to those USB ports right next to the thunderbolts ports. Please let me know what can I do, and many many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.55.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.55.19 AM.png
    286 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.56.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.56.05 AM.png
    398 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.56.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.56.22 AM.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 28
@CaseySJ
Much thanks for your Demo-EFIs and explanations. You helped me a lot for my first successful Hackintosh installation. I did build a Monterey 12.1 Hackintosh with Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, SATA-SSD, i5-10500 CPU, 32 GB Ram, iGPU-UHD-630, using HDMI out. I just got it working with an additional old Radeon HD 7790 card as the output card without iGPU use before i found your EFI.

It would be nice to hear from you on these two short questions for a hint to your Gigabyte-Z490-iGPU-OC 0.7.6-BigSur EFI:

1. My audio works on rear analog output (ALC887 with alcid=1). But i have an additional choice for DigitalOut in system preferences -> sound -> output. But using that choice I do not have any HDMI embedded audio out, so HDMI embedded audio from monitor keeps silent with that choice. Do you have any hint for me to get iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output with embedded digital audio working?

2. I was not able to get iGPU-UHD-630 with HDMI out working with the settings recommended in the official OC comet lake guide. Always black screen and stopping before any apple logo screen on a Big Sur and Monterey USB-installer. After installation with Radeon HD 7790 works i found your additional settings in you Gigabyte-Z490-iGPU-OC 0.7.6-BigSur EFI. With this settings installer now works with OC 0.7.6 and Big Sur 11.2.3 (for USBPorts.kext generating) and then for Monterey 12.1 without any problems with iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output (no more Radeon HD 7790 card needed). I did not found any hint on the extra EFI settings (see following picture) in the OC comet lake guide. Can you give me a hint where to find the guide on how to get these extra settings and why these settings?

Thank you and again great thanks for your perfect guide and EFIs.

OS-Monterey-12.1__config.plist__iGPU-UHD-630.jpg

I am missing the OC comet lage guide needed framebuffer-stolenmem - Data - <00003001> setting for iGPU use. Is this setting no more needed with the other settings or any other reason?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Here are the screenshots you requested, and no, I am connecting USB drives both 2.X and 3.X and MacOS are not detecting the USB drives when I connecting them to those USB ports right next to the thunderbolts ports. Please let me know what can I do, and many many thanks!
Some more questions:
  • Are you running Big Sur or Monterey?
  • Do the same USB drives work on other USB ports?
  • Have you tried a CMOS Reset?

Some more questions:
  • Are you running Big Sur or Monterey?
  • Do the same USB drives work on other USB ports?
  • Have you tried a CMOS Reset?
I am running Big Sur currently, and it’s about to upgrade to Monterey to try my luck. Yes, the USB drives work fine on the other USB ports. I tried a CMOS reset but it still doesn’t work!

1. My audio works on rear analog output (ALC887 with alcid=1). But i have an additional choice for DigitalOut in system preferences -> sound -> output. But using that choice I do not have any HDMI embedded audio out, so HDMI embedded audio from monitor keeps silent with that choice. Do you have any hint for me to get iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output with embedded digital audio working?
Hello @tobipa

If you set audio to Optical Digital Output then all sound will be redirected to that output. If you then select your monitor for sound output, then all sound will go there. I’m not sure if we can send sound to two outputs at the same time.

2. I was not able to get iGPU-UHD-630 with HDMI out working with the settings recommended in the official OC comet lake guide. Always black screen and stopping before any apple logo screen on a Big Sur and Monterey USB-installer. After installation with Radeon HD 7790 works i found your additional settings in you Gigabyte-Z490-iGPU-OC 0.7.6-BigSur EFI. With this settings installer now works with OC 0.7.6 and Big Sur 11.2.3 (for USBPorts.kext generating) and then for Monterey 12.1 without any problems with iGPU-UHD-630 HDMI output (no more Radeon HD 7790 card needed). I did not found any hint on the extra EFI settings (see following picture) in the OC comet lake guide. Can you give me a hint where to find the guide on how to get these extra settings and why these settings?

Thank you and again great thanks for your perfect guide and EFIs.
If iGPU is working (including HDMI port) then you are done! No further changes needed. Stolen mem is generally used on older motherboards; not needed on this board.

Back