Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Safe to do the latest Monterey update? I'm on OpenCore 0.7.6.

Does this mean the upgrade is working now?
Yes, but it was not because of the change from Default to Disabled of (SecureBoot). I think but I'm not sure I had not enough disk space. After making more space both of the method worked to update to 12.1

Tested update to 12.1 and OC 0.7.6. First time Monterey installed successfully. Everything is working except i255V network but USB-C to Ethernet is working. Short test of Sleep worked, for the first time except it took a long while for Bluetooth to wake up. Perhaps the OS is still optimizing itself. Exciting. Not making it my daily driver quite yet.

@CaseySJ Hi there, just wondering what I need to do to get the sound on my monitor via HDMI? I have realised that the sound does not work. I never paid attention because I always use the soundbar via bluetooth but given that in Monterey now I have to manually reconnect the soundbar sometimes I forget about it, start playing something and realise that no sound being played out of the monitor.
When I select the monitor in the sound preferences, the volume is greyed out.

@CaseySJ Hi there, just wondering what I need to do to get the sound on my monitor via HDMI? I have realised that the sound does not work. I never paid attention because I always use the soundbar via bluetooth but given that in Monterey now I have to manually reconnect the soundbar sometimes I forget about it, start playing something and realise that no sound being played out of the monitor.
When I select the monitor in the sound preferences, the volume is greyed out.
When your monitor is connected via HDMI or DisplayPort, it should appear as a sound device in System Information --> Audio. Volume control on many monitors will be grayed out in macOS, but volume can still be adjusted by individual applications. When playing a YouTube video, for example, we can use the volume slider located at the bottom of the video.

If the monitor's name appears in System Information --> Audio but no sound actually plays through the monitor, then it's possible that monitor's volume has been turned down on the monitor itself.

When your monitor is connected via HDMI or DisplayPort, it should appear as a sound device in System Information --> Audio. Volume control on many monitors will be grayed out in macOS, but volume can still be adjusted by individual applications. When playing a YouTube video, for example, we can use the volume slider located at the bottom of the video.

If the monitor's name appears in System Information --> Audio but no sound actually plays through the monitor, then it's possible that monitor's volume has been turned down on the monitor itself.
And to add to this: monitors often have their own volume control in a menu or quick menu.

Hi Casey,

I have upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey on my Vision D and lost the use of the UHD 630. It does not show up in the PCI Listing when accessing system info. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I upgraded my son's Vision G from Big Sur to Monterey and now there is no sound. I read in the thread that many lost audio, but I could not find how to fix it. Could you please point me in the right direction in order to get sound working again on the vision G.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wayne

Hi Casey,

I have upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey on my Vision D and lost the use of the UHD 630. It does not show up in the PCI Listing when accessing system info. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I upgraded my son's Vision G from Big Sur to Monterey and now there is no sound. I read in the thread that many lost audio, but I could not find how to fix it. Could you please point me in the right direction in order to get sound working again on the vision G.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wayne
Hello Wayne,

Regarding iGPU on Vision D:
  • Are you using a discrete AMD GPU or the Intel iGPU to drive the monitor?
  • To check if iGPU is enabled, please do this:
    • In BIOS, is Internal Graphics set to Enabled (not Auto)?
    • In IORegistryExplorer please scroll down to iGPU@2 and see if the first child node is named AppleIntelFramebuffer. Feel free to post a screenshot of the iGPU@2 section (but do not use 'search' bar because it collapses the very details we are looking for).
Regarding Audio on Vision G:
  • Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Device Properties and boot-args as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 4.20.43 PM.png

Widen the window below so that all boot arguments are visible:
Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 4.21.09 PM.png

Hello Wayne,

Regarding iGPU on Vision D:
  • Are you using a discrete AMD GPU or the Intel iGPU to drive the monitor?
  • To check if iGPU is enabled, please do this:
    • In BIOS, is Internal Graphics set to Enabled (not Auto)?
    • In IORegistryExplorer please scroll down to iGPU@2 and see if the first child node is named AppleIntelFramebuffer. Feel free to post a screenshot of the iGPU@2 section (but do not use 'search' bar because it collapses the very details we are looking for).
Regarding Audio on Vision G:
  • Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Device Properties and boot-args as shown:
View attachment 537404
Widen the window below so that all boot arguments are visible:
View attachment 537403
Thanks for responding Casey.

I am using a discrete AMD graphics card for my main display, as you will see in my IO Registry. I also doubled checked my bios on my vision D and it is set to enabled for internal graphics. I am enclosing the IO Register for my vision D for your reviewal. Also I am enclosing screenshots of what you requested for my son's vision G. Please note that I used the open core folders from this thread in order to upgrade to Monterey.......Opencore 076. Nothing was changed or modified in the folder except for the platform info for each build. Hope this info helps you in determining my problem. Again, thanks in advance.

Wayne

Attachments

• Wayne’s iMac.ioreg
    14.6 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 3.47.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 3.47.39 PM.png
    607.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 3.48.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 3.48.51 PM.png
    752.7 KB · Views: 35
Back