Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Looks like both you (Z490 Vision D) and @myname71 (Z390 Designare) are having this problem. Some questions for both of you:
  • Which slot is your Fenvi FV-T919 plugged into? The short PCIe x1 slot? Or one of the long slots?
  • Are you running Big Sur or Monterey?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset? This requires configuring all BIOS parameters when computer restarts.
I'd like to add again here that I have solved many issues in the past by re-flashing the same BIOS image again. Attempts at resets had failed, but a re-flash really solved a lot of issues. YMMV

I just checked Sidecar on my Z490 Vision D, and it works just fine with this configuration:
  • Monterey 12.1
  • OpenCore 0.7.6
  • iMac19,1
  • Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT module
  • Connecting to iPad mini 6 and iPad mini 5
I used Sidecar for 20 minutes before posting (used the Apple News app to pass the time).
View attachment 536932
I'll try to update to 12.1 and then test it with OpenCore 0.7.6. BTW, my config is exactly the same as yours, except of I use iMac20,1.

Bluetooth hardware is no longer detected after update with HackInDROM to 0.7.6 .. Intel wifi works fine.

(I have no PCI cards of USB dongles for BT/WiFi. It used to work flawlessly.)

1639489117569.png

Bluetooth hardware is no longer detected after update with HackInDROM to 0.7.6 .. Intel wifi works fine.

(I have no PCI cards of USB dongles for BT/WiFi. It used to work flawlessly.)

View attachment 537160
Please post screenshots of:
  • OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI
  • OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel
Widen the window so we can see all columns. Also remember that you can run OpenCore Configurator and compare the settings between 0.7.5 config.plist and 0.7.6 config.plist.

Last edited:
to update to 12.1 i had to change on Z490 Vision G the SecureBootModel to value from Disabled to the one corresponding to my SMBIOS profile in order to see the update

thank to CyCLoBoT who mentioned this, see link

to update to 12.1 i had to change on Z490 Vision G the SecureBootModel to value from Disabled to the one corresponding to my SMBIOS profile in order to see the update

thank to CyCLoBoT who mentioned this, see link

Software updates should also work when SecureBootModel is set to “Default” (Big Sur and newer).

I just read in a previous post that if one uses iMacPro1,1 that I don't need/shouldn't need usbinjectall kext with the vision G? Thanks.

I just read in a previous post that if one uses iMacPro1,1 that I don't need/shouldn't need usbinjectall kext with the vision G? Thanks.
if you have an .aml file for your usb ports, then yes, you need it, regardless of smbios

Back