Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Updated to 0.7.6 yesterday and even though all things were fine, I noticed a critical stuff for me - Sidecar stopped working properly.

It allows me to switch to iPad (2021 Pro, 12"), however after few second (around 10-15) the screen on my iPad got frozen (mouse and the other stuff), even though the system worked well.

That's a critical for me, so I rolled back to 0.7.5 - I didn't have issues with SideCar there.

Updated to 0.7.6 yesterday and even though all things were fine, I noticed a critical stuff for me - Sidecar stopped working properly.

It allows me to switch to iPad (2021 Pro, 12"), however after few second (around 10-15) the screen on my iPad got frozen (mouse and the other stuff), even though the system worked well.

That's a critical for me, so I rolled back to 0.7.5 - I didn't have issues with SideCar there.
I just checked Sidecar on my Z490 Vision D, and it works just fine with this configuration:
  • Monterey 12.1
  • OpenCore 0.7.6
  • iMac19,1
  • Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT module
  • Connecting to iPad mini 6 and iPad mini 5
I used Sidecar for 20 minutes before posting (used the Apple News app to pass the time).
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 1.52.29 PM.png

Interestingly, the BT400 seems to be the same chip set as the built in. What steps are needed again to enable the built-in? Do I need a kext? At present you can't turn bluetooth on at all. I don't have the antennas installed at the moment.
With the Asus BT400 connected to a USB port, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (avoid using the 'search' field) the list on left side until you find the USB port it's connected to. Then click on the device name such that idProduct and idVendor are shown on the right side, and post a screenshot. Please see this example (for Broadcom Bluetooth):
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 2.21.40 PM.png

With the Asus BT400 connected to a USB port, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (avoid using the 'search' field) the list on left side until you find the USB port it's connected to. Then click on the device name such that idProduct and idVendor are shown on the right side, and post a screenshot. Please see this example (for Broadcom Bluetooth):

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 4.58.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 4.58.58 PM.png
    562.7 KB · Views: 36
Please read the top part of OpenCore 0.7.5 or 0.7.6 mini-guides.
It says if I am using a Samsung M.2 boot times will be slow but I am using Crucial M.2. All my M.2 is like the one below.
Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 2.11.13 PM.png

I remember reading that Radeon cards are inhibited on hackintosh by default. Anyone know what I have to do to get the full performance from my RX570? I am getting Geekbench scores in the low 30s instead of about 40.

I remember reading that Radeon cards are inhibited on hackintosh by default. Anyone know what I have to do to get the full performance from my RX570? I am getting Geekbench scores in the low 30s instead of about 40.
Any issues with my RX570, big performances for me on Monterey 12.0.1 & OpenCore 0.7.4, see my Geekbench results :)

Attachments

• metal.png
    metal.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 50
  • opencl.png
    opencl.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 51
Succesfully installed Big Sur 11.6.1 with this guide, thank you very much!!!

It says if I am using a Samsung M.2 boot times will be slow but I am using Crucial M.2. All my M.2 is like the one below.
View attachment 536938
It would be good to check trim time anyway, as follows:
Code:
log show --last boot | grep "trims took"
Press CTRL-C after a few seconds to stop the check.

Last edited:
Back