Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ, I finally upgraded my Big Sur M.2 drive to Monterey and all went well but the boot time is very long. It sits on the attached screen for like a minute or less then completes the boot. Do you have any suggestions to try. I am using your 0.7.5 OC EFI.
View attachment 536723
Please read the top part of OpenCore 0.7.5 or 0.7.6 mini-guides.

I use your OpenCore ver 0.7.5 and it works perfectly on z490 vision G (bios F6).
I have to change the CPU Base Clock from Auto to 100MHz to make "sleep and wake" function to work properly.

There is an issue that the rear port audio is not working to get 7.1 sound audio.

update: slept for 4 hours, wake from sleep was perfect and drives remained mounted. As NASA would say: All systems nominal.
Update: left it sleeping overnight. USB drives disconnected during sleep. This is unrelated to the BIOS update as it is something that I have been experiencing since around Big Sur 11.5 (not exactly sure when it started). Still trying to sus that one out.

I use your OpenCore ver 0.7.5 and it works perfectly on z490 vision G (bios F6).
I have to change the CPU Base Clock from Auto to 100MHz to make "sleep and wake" function to work properly.

There is an issue that the rear port audio is not working to get 7.1 sound audio.
Hello @kemmet

Which version of macOS are you running?

Also, please post screenshot of the following:
Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 6.44.38 AM.png

I use Bigsur 11.6.1
Side, Front, C/Sub port audio work normally else Real port doesn't work.
I've never used 7.1 output so I don't know whether it's supported. Did the rear port work before in macOS?

Which Layout ID are you using in NVRAM --> Boot-Args? You'll see a parameter called alcid. Have you tried different IDs?

Anyone experience Magic Mouse disconnect during sleep in Monterey but won't reconnect? It's listed under Bluetooth but I need to remove and re-pair to get it to work again. It's the older, white magic mouse, Fenvi card, and Vision D 0.7.6 Monterey.

I don't have a thunderbolt card (Vision G) so I can't speak to that. Sleep/wake seems to work fine as well. I'll do a deep sleep cycle tonight and see what happens (aka if my drives unmount as they are wont to do since sometime around 11.5)... but so far so good!
I also updated BIOS on my Z490 Vision D. No problems. TB3 hot patch works, sleep, wifi and BT. Will test Adobe apps and protools. They all work but I have not done anything with them to cause stress yet. Will let you know. NOTE: Post is much faster. I will update BIOS on my test Z590 Vision D which is generally a nightmare running MAC OS.

Anyone experience Magic Mouse disconnect during sleep in Monterey but won't reconnect? It's listed under Bluetooth but I need to remove and re-pair to get it to work again. It's the older, white magic mouse, Fenvi card, and Vision D 0.7.6 Monterey.
Yes, my "Magic" Trackpad looses it's connection during sleep and won't reconnect. It's listed under Bluetooth but I need to remove and re-pair to get it to work again.

This just showed up on my Z490 Vision D hack. Should I reinstall 12.0.1? The OSX side of this Dual boot machine has been wildly unstable. OSX 12.0.1 freezes almost daily. The Windows 11 side runs like a champ w/ no issues. I'm convinced it's a software / config issue. I just update OpenCore to 0.7.6 and the only change I made to Casey's EFI was to remove boot argument agdpmod=pikera (for my Vega 64) and set AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0300C89B (for headless Comet Lake iGPU). Any advice would be appreciated I've been troubleshooting this build for a week and I'm stumped. My BIOS is exactly as specified by the guide, I'm on Firmware F5.

Attachments

• IMG_5829.jpeg
    IMG_5829.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 66
Back