Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

To be technically correct, 0D000000 is the layout-id, not device-id.
Yes. My mistake. I corrected my previous post. At any rate, seems Vision D has no audio until the value is added, so maybe the default EFI can be edited to include it?

I wonder if different versions of the motherboard come into play. BIOS I am using is F6 I believe.

Hi,

How do I change the setting in BIOS so I ca increase the memory speed from 2133 to 3200?

Thanks,
Michele

Hi,

How do I change the setting in BIOS so I ca increase the memory speed from 2133 to 3200?

Thanks,
Michele
should be the XMP profile?

I don't have a thunderbolt card (Vision G) so I can't speak to that. Sleep/wake seems to work fine as well. I'll do a deep sleep cycle tonight and see what happens (aka if my drives unmount as they are wont to do since sometime around 11.5)... but so far so good!
update: slept for 4 hours, wake from sleep was perfect and drives remained mounted. As NASA would say: All systems nominal.

Yes. My mistake. I corrected my previous post. At any rate, seems Vision D has no audio until the value is added, so maybe the default EFI can be edited to include it?

I wonder if different versions of the motherboard come into play. BIOS I am using is F6 I believe.
I'm still trying to understand what the issue is. Will run some tests soon.

I managed to update to 0.7.6, and it booted Catalina fine. AppleVTD enabled ok, bluetooth was working, but wifi was not. All worked fine under 0.6.8. Any ideas or similar issues?

Thanks.

I managed to update to 0.7.6, and it booted Catalina fine. AppleVTD enabled ok, bluetooth was working, but wifi was not. All worked fine under 0.6.8. Any ideas or similar issues?

Thanks.
As an experiment, please try disabling AppleVTD by following the procedure described in link at the top of 0.7.6 mini-guide.

@CaseySJ, I finally upgraded my Big Sur M.2 drive to Monterey and all went well but the boot time is very long. It sits on the attached screen for like a minute or less then completes the boot. Do you have any suggestions to try. I am using your 0.7.5 OC EFI.
1639020155204.png

Back