Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey @CaseySJ - Any reason you could think why 'Internal Graphics' wouldn't be appearing in the BIOS on my Vision G / 10700k config? Have tried updating BIOS but no change.
If I recall correctly, the latest versions of BIOS require us to do something like this:
  • Disable Above 4G Decoding Enable CSM Support
  • Then check if Internal Graphics option appears
  • If so, set it to Enabled (not "Auto") and then re-enable Above 4G Decoding disable CSM Support

Last edited:
Changing the device layout id fixed my audio issue, maybe give this a try. View attachment 536340
Seems to have worked for someone else too, but mine looks different. I added the layout-id string and made it 28 too, but still no audio. Any ideas?

I did reset the cmos and nvram, which didn't help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 6.21.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 6.21.16 PM.png
    365.4 KB · Views: 41
Seems to have worked for someone else too, but mine looks different. I added the layout-id string and made it 28 too, but still no audio. Any ideas?

I did reset the cmos and nvram, which didn't help.
Is this happening in Monterey?

If so, try commenting out the device-id property as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 3.58.35 PM.png

Note that there are 2 ways to set layout ID, but apparently we should use one of them at a time:
  • Either set layout-id device property
    • or
  • Set boot-arg alcid=xx
    • but not both
I use alcid=11 as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 3.59.32 PM.png

Is this happening in Monterey?

If so, try commenting out the device-id property as shown:
View attachment 536384
Note that there are 2 ways to set layout ID, but apparently we should use one of them at a time:
  • Either set layout-id device property
    • or
  • Set boot-arg alcid=xx
    • but not both
I use alcid=11 as shown:
View attachment 536385
So I just removed my boot arg alcid=11 and added the correct device property id that is equal to alcid=11 which is <0B000000> and it works!

Maybe the reason my layout id of 28 worked in device properties for my vision g was because it was an incorrect number that the alcid=11 boot arg was just basically able to ignore. ha.

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 7.18.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 7.19.07 PM.png

Hi,

I have issues with Netflix on my build and couldn't solve it for a long time now,
I get the S7706 Netflix error on Safari, tried removing cache as described in their website, also contacted tech support but they couldn't help.
I heard it doesn't happen on real Macs, so it's probably related to hackintosh.

I also have Chromium and Firefox, and I'm getting different errors on each of them.
I'm using macOS 10.15.7 with OC 0.6.8

So I just removed my boot arg alcid=11 and added the correct device property id that is equal to alcid=11 which is <0B000000> and it works!

Maybe the reason my layout id of 28 worked in device properties for my vision g was because it was an incorrect number that the alcid=11 boot arg was just basically able to ignore. ha.

So I change the device properties to "0B000000" and remove ONLY the "alcd=11" part of the string in NVRAM/BootArg?

Hi,

I have issues with Netflix on my build and couldn't solve it for a long time now,
I get the S7706 Netflix error on Safari, tried removing cache as described in their website, also contacted tech support but they couldn't help.
I heard it doesn't happen on real Macs, so it's probably related to hackintosh.

I also have Chromium and Firefox, and I'm getting different errors on each of them.
I'm using macOS 10.15.7 with OC 0.6.8
Viewing DRM-protected content in Safari does not work when using iMac SMBIOS. You can use another browser, or change to iMac Pro SMBIOS (you'll loose Sidecar).

For reference: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292733

One of these kernel extensions is a likely culprit. I would suggest deleting two of them listed below. Once Monterey is up and running, it will be necessary to reinstall the applications that use those kernel extensions.
  • Boot the Recovery partition
  • Open Terminal
  • Enter the commands shown below, but replace YourSSD with the actual name of your macOS SSD:
Bash:
cd /Volumes/YourSSD/Library/Extensions

rm -rf intelhaxm.kext
rm -rf RMEFirefaceUSB.kext

touch /Volumes/YourSSD/Library/Extensions
  • Reboot and see if Monterey installation process continues...

Unfortunately this doesn't work. Same result as before - 'media not found' all over the place.

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpeg
    IMG_2055.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
Back