Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

To fix audio, please try:
  • Reset NVRAM
  • If that does not fix the problem, perform a CMOS Reset followed by configuring BIOS parameters
Regarding TV and Music, these will no longer work when we use iMac19,x or iMac20,x. Switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 will resolve this.

Please see bottom half of this article:
Thanks Casey. Will try. Can I just generate a new EFI folder and reboot or whill I need to do a fresh install with Mac Pro 7.1?

Also, resetting NVRAM, is that just a BIOS reset?

Thanks Casey. Will try. Can I just generate a new EFI folder and reboot or whill I need to do a fresh install with Mac Pro 7.1?

Also, resetting NVRAM, is that just a BIOS reset?
Changing System Product Name can be tricky. Please see these 2 posts from yesterday:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292733
---
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292792

To reset NVRAM, press spacebar at the OpenCore boot picker and you'll find "Reset NVRAM" at the far right.

Changing System Product Name can be tricky. Please see these 2 posts from yesterday:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292733
---
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2292792

To reset NVRAM, press spacebar at the OpenCore boot picker and you'll find "Reset NVRAM" at the far right.
Okay. Would it be prudent to load config plist into OC configurator and select a mac pro 7,1 with a new serial number then?

Okay. Would it be prudent to load config plist into OC configurator and select a mac pro 7,1 with a new serial number then?
Yes that is the cleanest solution, but some of your applications may complain about licenses because they will consider it to be a new machine.

Still no audio or Apple TV Plus. I did manage to boot as imacPro1,1 with a new serail. Mac pro 7,1 did not work I am assuming because there is no GPU installed. I am currently on igpu on the 10700k.

Is this why the Apple TV still doesn't work? I need the Radeon card first?

Also, is there anything else I can try to get the Vision D onboard Audio to work? I am stumped. I can try Big Sur if it might be better than Monterey at this point. Catalina was working nicely with audio and almost everything, though I didn't test Apple TV before the upgrade.

Hello @emistral

Are you using Fenvi FV-T919 or on-board Intel WiFi/BT?

Also, which Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are you using?

Do you have Windows installed on this system? Do these problems occur in Windows also, after waking from sleep?

Have you tried resetting NVRAM or performing a cold boot?
No, I just have a genuine Apple combo WiFi+BT card with a PCIe x1 adapter. The keyboard is the Apple Magic Keyboard, and the mouse is the Logitech MX Master 3 (which reconnected after sleep under Catalina).
I have windows installed but barely use it so I don't know if they work after wake up. But what I know is that keyboard, mouse and soundbar used to reconnect upon wake up in Catalina. I tried a cold reboot but still the same issue. Have not tried resetting NVRAM yet. Also found out that it does not go to sleep on its own anymore. Need to force it now.

Still no audio or Apple TV Plus. I did manage to boot as imacPro1,1 with a new serail. Mac pro 7,1 did not work I am assuming because there is no GPU installed. I am currently on igpu on the 10700k.

Is this why the Apple TV still doesn't work? I need the Radeon card first?
Correct. An AMD GPU is needed with iMacPro1,1 and MacPro1,1.

Also, is there anything else I can try to get the Vision D onboard Audio to work? I am stumped. I can try Big Sur if it might be better than Monterey at this point. Catalina was working nicely with audio and almost everything, though I didn't test Apple TV before the upgrade.
Have you already tried Resetting NVRAM and/or performing a CMOS Reset (after CMOS Reset we need to configure all BIOS parameters again, starting with Load Optimized Defaults)?

Is on-board audio enabled in BIOS?

Also please post a screenshot of System Information --> Audio.

To fix audio, please try:
  • Reset NVRAM
  • If that does not fix the problem, perform a CMOS Reset followed by configuring BIOS parameters
Regarding TV and Music, these will no longer work when we use iMac19,x or iMac20,x. Switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 will resolve this.

Please see bottom half of this article:
iMac 19.1 and Music seems to work for me?

Might be a stupid question, but is it possible to in-place upgrade this build from Big Sur to Monterey? I got Big Sur 11.6 with OC 0.7.5 running without any problems. I tried to upgrade to Monterey, but it doesn't work. After several reboots I got "media not present" errors all over the place and its not booting anymore.

@CaseySJ Further to my issue, I did some tests and here is what I have found:
- for an unknown reason my VR helmet which is connected to a USB-c at the back was on and was preventing the system to go to sleep;
- did an NVRAM reset but still the same issue; no connection upon wake up;
- however, upon wake up if I open the BT menu in the control center (top right corner), all the BT devices are showing up as connected (but they are not). Then about 1 minute later, suddenly all those BT devices status goes from connected to disconnected then the reconnect automatically except for the soundbar; and
- I use sleepwatcher which executes amongst other a script when the system is going to sleep or waking up. In my wake up script, I run bluetutil --connect to reconnect to my soundbar. I have been running that script under big sur and it was working fine. I can see that this script is executed upon wake up (got an entry in a log file) but somehow it does not reconnect the soundbar.

But the consistent thing is that after roughly 1 minute the keyboard and the mouse are reconnected. Obviously not ideal :(

Any idea where to look for to see what is causing this 1 minute delay?

Edit: noticed that upon wake up, if I don't do anything, the BT devices won't reconnect even after a minute. They will only reconnect if I display the BT devices list from the control centre.

Last edited:
Back