Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So interestingly enough, I had to retrograde to BigSur(upgraded to 11.6.1), after an upgrade debacle. The clean install with my 0.7.0 OC EFI for some reason no longer lets me watch AppleTV or Apple Music Videos, however, in trying to get it to work, I set my iGPU to "Enabled" (it had been in auto) and when I tried Facetime, the video worked as it should.... now if I could get my stinking videos to work, of note, prime/netflix work fine and the apple tv and music videos worked prior to the clean install. I am really lost. If anyone can help that would be good, profile is accurate.
AppleTV and Music apps will not work in Big Sur and Monterey when using iMac system product names. But switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro1,1 should enable both AppleTV and Music.

One way to test this is as follows:
  • Log out of your Apple Account:
    • System Preferences --> Apple ID --> Overview --> Sign Out
  • In config.plist just change System Product Name to iMacPro1,1
  • Reboot
  • Test AppleTV and Music apps

Just to confirm, are you able to connect an Ethernet cable and get a green dot in System Preferences —> Network?
Hi @CaseySJ
Yes and also the speed 2.5GbE.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2021-11-29 kl. 14.38.11.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-11-29 kl. 14.38.11.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Skærmbillede 2021-11-29 kl. 14.38.38.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-11-29 kl. 14.38.38.png
    42 KB · Views: 52
Both the i9-10900 and i9-10900F can be used without any modification. Simply select config-AMD-GPU.plist instead of config-Intel-iGPU.plist when configuring OpenCore, and choose either iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1. If you choose MacPro7,1 then enable RestrictEvents.kext in the Kernel section of config.plist in order to suppress extraneous memory notifications.

Without an iGPU, Intel QuickSync won't work, of course, but macOS will use your AMD GPU for HEVC and H.264.

Moreover, by using iMacPro or MacPro system names, AppleTV and Music apps will work. Sidecar will not work, however, because it relies on iGPU.
Great info, thanks for that!

AppleTV and Music apps will not work in Big Sur and Monterey when using iMac system product names. But switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro1,1 should enable both AppleTV and Music.

One way to test this is as follows:
  • Log out of your Apple Account:
    • System Preferences --> Apple ID --> Overview --> Sign Out
  • In config.plist just change System Product Name to iMacPro1,1
  • Reboot
  • Test AppleTV and Music apps
Can I log back into icloud once this change is made? No effect w/ board serials etc.?

Can I log back into icloud once this change is made? No effect w/ board serials etc.?
If AppleTV and Music apps work, please check other apps and functions before committing to the new system product name. There can be pros and cons with each — hence we should test our apps and see what the pros and cons are. Hopefully fewer cons…

Then I would suggest logging into iCloud via web browser, de-registering the old system, then signing back into Apple ID to register the new system. There might be some “artifacts” if we keep the same serial numbers so the cleanest solution is to use all new serials if you can accept the possibility of having to re-license several of your apps.

@CaseySJ Hi there, something weird is happening after upgrading to Monterey and hopefully you have some suggestions. Upon waking up, I have lost all Bluetooth connectivity with my mouse, keyboard and soundbar. If I turn off and on Bluetooth in control center, I get most of the time my keyboard automatically reconnected. For the soundbar, if I use a wired mouse and reconnect it, it usually works. But for the mouse, nothing seems to work except a reboot but it is not ideal given that I have a Samsung EVO and now the booting time is long (in the process of replacing with WD). I have added the kext related to BT issues in Monterey as per your 0.7.5 guide but issue is still there. Not sure where to start looking.

[@CaseySJ Hi there, something weird is happening after upgrading to Monterey and hopefully you have some suggestions. Upon waking up, I have lost all Bluetooth connectivity with my mouse, keyboard and soundbar. If I turn off and on Bluetooth in control center, I get most of the time my keyboard automatically reconnected. For the soundbar, if I use a wired mouse and reconnect it, it usually works. But for the mouse, nothing seems to work except a reboot but it is not ideal given that I have a Samsung EVO and now the booting time is long (in the process of replacing with WD). I have added the kext related to BT issues in Monterey as per your 0.7.5 guide but issue is still there. Not sure where to start looking.
Hello @emistral

Are you using Fenvi FV-T919 or on-board Intel WiFi/BT?

Also, which Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are you using?

Do you have Windows installed on this system? Do these problems occur in Windows also, after waking from sleep?

Have you tried resetting NVRAM or performing a cold boot?

Yes I have exact same FaceTime issue. Caller can see me but I never get video back, only 'Poor Connection'.

Tried all the OpenCore iServices fixes and the tonymac iMessage/Facetime guides but no luck yet.

Big Sur 11.6 / OC 0.7.5
I am having all sorts of "new issues" since clean install, so I am trying to troubleshoot them one at a time, one led to a interesting outcome. In trying to fix my appletv/music not working, in bios I set under i/o>internal graphics>enabled (it was in auto) rebooted and voila Facetime is working. To confirm this was the issue, I put it back to auto and facetime no longer worked, this is under OS 11.6.1 and OC 0.7.5 (iMac20,2) (per the miniguide this thread). I can't watch AppleTV nor music videos but I can do video calls on the computer again... Progress. :)

Last edited:
I just did the upgrade to Monterey from Catalina and am kind of blown away that it booted up. Seems wifi and bluetootth are working, as is the intel network port, and even airdrop seems to work. Problem is, sound is gone. Is there a way to fix the on-board sound? I was actually using optical out into my DAC, but now there are no sound devices except airplay devices.

10700k, vision D, fenvi wireless, WD SN750SE 1tb, opencore 0.7.5

EDIT - looks like I have the Apple TV and Music not playing issue too.

I just did the upgrade to Monterey from Catalina and am kind of blown away that it booted up. Seems wifi and bluetootth are working, as is the intel network port, and even airdrop seems to work. Problem is, sound is gone. Is there a way to fix the on-board sound? I was actually using optical out into my DAC, but now there are no sound devices except airplay devices.

10700k, vision D, fenvi wireless, WD SN750SE 1tb, opencore 0.7.5

EDIT - looks like I have the Apple TV and Music not playing issue too.
To fix audio, please try:
  • Reset NVRAM
  • If that does not fix the problem, perform a CMOS Reset followed by configuring BIOS parameters
Regarding TV and Music, these will no longer work when we use iMac19,x or iMac20,x. Switching to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 will resolve this.

Please see bottom half of this article:

Back