Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I've been testing my new system for the past few days, everything seems ok with Big Sur. I've installed multiple times due to botched attempts at copying from my old system with Migration Assistant, however I think I've nailed the process now... I was thinking I'd try a Monterey install as a final test before I make this system my 'live' machine.

I've made an installer USB - is there anything I need to tweak in the config.plist before I try installing Monterey?

I have updated the BIOS from F20 to F21a on Z490 Vision G yesterday, and everything seems to work fine as before on f20 so all good:
Did you notice any changes?

First Thanks Alot

CaseySJ

for providing wonderful work and support.

I have an issue
I updated to Monterey (OC 0.7.5)
after that problems arrived.
after a few minutes, it randomly reboots.

after that, I went to reinstall Monterey.
But Installer Freezes after a few minutes.

tried to reinstall Big Sur and it's good to go.
But When i switch to windows it stuck at the Gigabyte screen after I select Windows at OC picker

Any clues or suggestions
Are you using a Vision G board? I’ve been running Big Sur for a year with no issues and tried updating to Monterey. Spent 4 evenings trying to figure out why my machine would just randomly reboot and freeze. Discovered that, if I removed the network cable out of the back, the machine is stable. I’m using wireless now, but would like to move back to wired once this issue is resolved. Hope this helps. Please reply back advising if this is the same case for you.

Are you using a Vision G board? I’ve been running Big Sur for a year with no issues and tried updating to Monterey. Spent 4 evenings trying to figure out why my machine would just randomly reboot and freeze. Discovered that, if I removed the network cable out of the back, the machine is stable. I’m using wireless now, but would like to move back to wired once this issue is resolved. Hope this helps. Please reply back advising if this is the same case for you.
I have seen this problem on my board when I installed Monterey for the first time. After some research, I find out that is related to Intel Ethernet i225-V.

What I have done was to remove or deactivated those from the config.plist ,and I had no freezes or reboots anymore.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.41.27.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.41.27.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.42.19.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-11-17 om 16.42.19.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 95
I’m still having BIOS issues. I’ve narrowed it down to using DisplayPort on the RX580. If I use the HDMI output, I can get into the BIOS or use F12 to pick the boot device just fine. But with DisplayPort I cannot - just a black screen. I could live with this except HDMI is limited to 30Hz.

Anyone got any ideas please?

I’m still having BIOS issues. I’ve narrowed it down to using DisplayPort on the RX580. If I use the HDMI output I can get into the BIOS or use F12 to pick the boot device just fine. But with DisplayPort I cannot - just a black screen. I could live with this except HDMI is limited to 30Hz.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Sorry to answer my own question but I've kinda fixed it - the 30Hz issue was due to a dodgy old HDMI cable, swapped it for a new one and now I'm getting 60Hz. Happy :clap:

Try checking your RAM usage when that happens, and see if there is swap files being written to disk? Maybe it’s a memory leak?
So the problem is resolved. 12.1 beta and an update from Adobe for Lightroom Classic resolved everything!!

Hello guys, i have a little problem and need some help. I accidently broke off this resistor/capacitor? and can't find it anymore...could anyone be so kind and tell me what element value this part had? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Back