Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Is it just the built-in Intel i225v Ethernet that doesn't work on Monterey?
What about third party network cards as well as intel based wifi cards?
Most third party network cards should still work. As soon as I hear reports of one that does not work, I'll mention that in a note at the top of Post 1.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even with BIOS F20 the Intel I-225V Ethernet port does not connect in Monterey. :(
Mine works both ethernet and wifi except BT with BIOS F20. Another issue with Monterey is with occasional freezing or locking up my system. Prior version BS 11.6 very stable.

Edit. Sorry my mistake. Intel I-225V is not working. I thought I was connected to it.

Last edited:
Mine works both ethernet and wifi except BT with BIOS F20. Another issue with Monterey is with occasional freezing or locking up my system. Prior version BS 11.6 very stable.

Edit. Sorry my mistake. Intel I-225V is not working. I thought I was connected to it.
If you're having problems with bluetooth in Monterey (Broadcom, not Intel), please try the new OC 0.7.5 EFI I posted above. Specific changes were made to accommodate Bluetooth.

If you're having problems with bluetooth in Monterey (Broadcom, not Intel), please try the new OC 0.7.5 EFI I posted above. Specific changes were made to accommodate Bluetooth.
Thanks Casey. I have Intel, these changes apply to it as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: rtw
I'll add the OpenIntelWireless version soon to the same post.

Update: Done.
What about the Laird BT-851 that doesn't seem to need the firmware upload on power-up? I originally bought it from Digi-Key because it was reported to be the most universal BT dongle with support for BT 5.0.

What about the Laird BT-851 that doesn't seem to need the firmware upload on power-up? I originally bought it from Digi-Key because it was reported to be the most universal BT dongle with support for BT 5.0.
Have you tried the new OpenCore 0.7.5 EFI? I've enabled this for Monterey only, but can do so for Big Sur as well if there's a need.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 3.03.15 PM.png

Have you tried the new OpenCore 0.7.5 EFI? I've enabled this for Monterey only, but can do so for Big Sur as well if there's a need.

Installed 0.7.5, and still no go on 12.0.1. Is there another step, or a pref file I need to purge?

USB:
Product ID: 0xf901
Vendor ID: 0x04b4 (Cypress Semiconductor)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: 0016A4536363
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Cypress Semi
Location ID: 0x14500000 / 14
Current Available (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: NULL
State: Off
Chipset: BCM_4350C2
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v0 c0
Product ID: 0x0001
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
Transport: UART
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Installed 0.7.5, and still no go on 12.0.1. Is there another step, or a pref file I need to purge?

USB:
Product ID: 0xf901
Vendor ID: 0x04b4 (Cypress Semiconductor)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: 0016A4536363
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Cypress Semi
Location ID: 0x14500000 / 14
Current Available (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: NULL
State: Off
Chipset: BCM_4350C2
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v0 c0
Product ID: 0x0001
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
Transport: UART
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)
Was this working in Big Sur, but broke in Monterey?

I just tried it in Monterey and sure enough there are signs of life, but devices do not actually connect.

Back