Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It’s a Monterey problem because this port worked properly in Big Sur. Fortunately we can use a USB-C dock or Thunderbolt dock that has an Ethernet port.
Did you try the solution proposed by Ohchan here? #171

Hello @Justcurious1,

One quick suggestion is to disable SecureBootModel from Misc —> Security. If that does not help, we’ll take a deeper look.
Just checked and it was disabled by default. Next suggestion?

** Configuring OpenCore config.plist **
OpenCore 0.7.5

1. Download OpenCore 0.7.5 EFI folder.
  2. Rename the top level folder to simply EFI
  3. Now open the EFI/OC folder. Inside you'll find two .plist files.
    1. If you have an AMD GPU, rename the file config-AMD-GPU.plist to just config.plist.
    2. If you don't have an AMD GPU, rename the file config-Intel-iGPU.plist to just config.plist.
  4. Download latest version of OpenCore Configurator by clicking here. Current version is 2.52.0.1.
  5. Launch OpenCore Configurator. MacOS will throw a warning because this was downloaded from the Internet. Just go to System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General tab, and click Allow from the bottom right.
  6. Look at the title bar of OpenCore Configurator. Does it say OpenCore 0.7.5 Development (or Release) Configuration? If not, follow these screenshots:
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.25.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.21.01 AM.png
  7. Now open config.plist from step 4 using OpenCore Configurator. Take a moment to flip through each of the sections on the left side. Get to know briefly what's there. This will become the central focus of your Hackintosh life!!
  8. Run Hackintool (it can downloaded from here by clicking Hackintool.zip).
  9. Launch Hackintool and keep it running.
  10. Now go back to OpenCore Configurator and select PlatformInfo --> DataHub
  11. Copy and paste the items below from Hackintool to OpenCore Configurator:
    Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 12.20.41 PM.png

12. Be very careful -- double-check everything.
  13. Save the file (CMD-S).
Now you're ready to test the new OpenCore configuration:
  1. Use a USB flash disk that has EFI partition. Or find a blank USB disk and format it in Disk Utility:
    • Name: Anything
    • Format: FAT32 (any option is okay)
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  2. Mount EFI partition of USB flash disk.
  3. Copy the entire new EFI folder to the root level of the EFI partition on USB flash disk.
Now boot the system from USB flash disk:
  • Reboot
  • When Gigabyte Splash screen appears, press F12 to open BIOS Boot Menu
  • Select the USB flash disk
  • You should see the new OpenCore Canopy (graphical boot picker)
  • Select your macOS disk
  • Does macOS boot up?
    • If so, use macOS for a little while to make sure everything is okay
    • Check your WiFi, Bluetooth, Audio, Ethernet ports, etc.
    • Check Sleep/Wake behavior

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.7.5 EFI for Z490 Vision D and G **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

** NOTE **
Catalina Users: Please see "Post-Update Procedure" below.

Please use OpenCore Configurator 2.52.0.1 or 2.52.0.2 and ensure that it's set to
0.7.5 Development Version or 0.7.5 Release Version

Windows Users:
If you are unable to boot Windows through OpenCore, try disabling AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this post.

Monterey -- What Does Not Work:
  • Intel I-225V 2.5GbE Ethernet port is not working at this time for 99% of us. The other Ethernet port (I-219) is fully operational. If a second Ethernet port is needed, options include:
    • USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
    • USB to 2.5GbE Ethernet adapter
    • USB-C dock with built-in Ethernet port
    • Thunderbolt dock with built-in Ethernet port
    • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter (requires AppleVTD to be enabled)
  • Laird BT851 Bluetooth 5.0 USB dongle not working at this time.
  • If Monterey is installed on Samsung NVMe SSDs, boot time can increase by 60-100 seconds due to "trim" incompatibilty.
    • This can be addressed by cloning the Samsung NVMe SSD to another disk, erasing the Samsung NVMe SSD with Disk Utility, and cloning macOS back. Please be careful with this process if you decide to do it.

This Update Includes:
  • OpenCore 0.7.5
  • AppleALC 1.6.6
  • BlueToolFixup 2.6.1
  • BrcmFirmwareData 2.6.1
  • BrcmPatchRAM3 2.6.1
  • Lilu 1.5.7
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.5
  • HfsPlus.efi from Monterey
  • OpenIntelWireless ZIP:
    • IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.0.1
    • IntelBluetoothInjector 2.0 1 (not used in Monterey)
Instructions:
  • Download appropriate ZIP file below and follow these instructions (located directly above this post) to configure config.plist.
  • Copy EFI folder to EFI partition of USB flash disk and boot from USB flash disk.
  • Ensure that REL-075-xxx appears on bottom right corner of OpenCanopy Picker.
  • If everything is okay, mount the EFI partition of USB flash disk and internal macOS SSD, then copy EFI folder from USB flash disk to internal macOS SSD.
Things to Test or Check:
  • Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears?​
  • Does macOS boot properly?​
  • Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth?​
  • Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start?​
  • If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly.​

Catalina Users:
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled.
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.16.12 AM.png

Which File to Download:
  • Z490 Vision D with Broadcom WiFi/BT --> OC-075-VISION-D.zip
  • Z490 Vision D with Intel WiFi/BT --> OC-075-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
  • Z490 Vision G with Broadcom WiFi/BT --> EFI-075-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
Reminder:
  • Radeon VII and Vega 56/64 users must disable or remove boot argument agdpmod=pikera.

Updates:
  • 01-Nov-2021: Beta test
  • 02-Nov-2021: Converted to Mini-Guide

Attachments

• OC-075-VISION-D.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 411
  • EFI-075-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 232
  • OC-075-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
    44.7 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
About to do...
@CaseySJ your screenshot is a bit confusing for me (although I don't thing there is real ambiguity).
My latest OpenCore is 2.52.0.1 OC 0.75 supported.
When I set up I get "fork official" and OC 0.75 Development version (no release available).
I assume it is ok? If so I go ahead. and will test AMD broadcom Monterey 12.1 ß1.
I just ask as your screenshot still show 0.74 release...
Waiting for your go ahead ;-)
Thanks

About to do...
@CaseySJ your screenshot is a bit confusing for me (although I don't thing there is real ambiguity).
My latest OpenCore is 2.52.0.1 OC 0.75 supported.
When I set up I get "fork official" and OC 0.75 Development version (no release available).
I assume it is ok? If so I go ahead. and will test AMD broadcom Monterey 12.1 ß1.
I just ask as your screenshot still show 0.74 release...
Waiting for your go ahead ;-)
Thanks
Simply refer to the first and second screenshots. OpenCore 0.7.5 Development Version is okay. The third screenshot is for transferring PlatformInfo credentials where I reused an older screenshot.

It is okay to upgrade, but we need to decide whether or not these issues are deal breakers:
  • Intel I-225v Ethernet port does not work for 99% of us. The other Ethernet port is okay.
  • Samsung NVMe SSDs can experience long boot times (trim feature not compatible with macOS).

Is it just the built-in Intel i225v Ethernet that doesn't work on Monterey?
What about third party network cards as well as intel based wifi cards?

Things to Test or Check:

Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears? NO
Does Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey boot properly? Monterey 12.1 ß1 OK
Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth? NO but was the case so far with 0.74 and did not investigate too much as I don't use (sorry...).
Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start?
If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly. YES

Things to Test or Check:

Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears? NO
Does Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey boot properly? Monterey 12.1 ß1 OK
Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth? NO but was the case so far with 0.74 and did not investigate too much as I don't use (sorry...).
Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start?
If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly. YES
Thanks for testing! Good to see that Resizable BAR Support can be enabled in BIOS without affecting macOS.

Back