Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I'm now dual booting Monterey and Windows 11. The only issues I'm plagued with are SLOW Mac boot (Samsung Evo NVME), and no Mac Bluetooth with the Laird BT-851. Not bad for the bleeding edge. I saw a note about needing to use 100mhz base clock for TB audio, but so far I seem to have no issues running at 95mhz. I just have a Blackmagic TB3 vid capture and a Motu USB-C audio device connected.

Check your Black Magic Video Desktop Version. It cannot be greater than 11.7 to work on a Mac. Any Mac.

I use mine with OBS and had to uninstall the latest 12.1 version and revert back to 11.7.

Still work fine at 11.7.
I'm running 12.2 on Monterey, and I had some issues with BIOS settings, but now it works. My issues were BIOS and not the version. I tried 11.7 when the BIOS was wrong, and it failed too.

so it is not recommended to upgrade to Monterey at this time?

Monterey seems to install but hangs when trying to boot to the desktop. It's stopping about 3/4s the way through. I have been successfully running Big Sur 11.6. I'm on OC 074 using Hackindrom. I'm on SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 because the FCP performance is measurably better. The 10700 expects iMac20,1. Curious, if that might be an issue. Thanks.
Hello @Justcurious1,

One quick suggestion is to disable SecureBootModel from Misc —> Security. If that does not help, we’ll take a deeper look.

I'm now dual booting Monterey and Windows 11. The only issues I'm plagued with are SLOW Mac boot (Samsung Evo NVME), and no Mac Bluetooth with the Laird BT-851. Not bad for the bleeding edge. I saw a note about needing to use 100mhz base clock for TB audio, but so far I seem to have no issues running at 95mhz. I just have a Blackmagic TB3 vid capture and a Motu USB-C audio device connected.
Does OpenCore allow you to boot Windows 11? (Even with modified SSDT-DMAR.)

so it is not recommended to upgrade to Monterey at this time?
It is okay to upgrade, but we need to decide whether or not these issues are deal breakers:
  • Intel I-225v Ethernet port does not work for 99% of us. The other Ethernet port is okay.
  • Samsung NVMe SSDs can experience long boot times (trim feature not compatible with macOS).

It is okay to upgrade, but we need to decide whether or not these issues are deal breakers:
  • Intel I-225v Ethernet port does not work for 99% of us. The other Ethernet port is okay.
  • Samsung NVMe SSDs can experience long boot times (trim feature not compatible with macOS).
So I have Vision G and ONLY I225V , I tried every mentioned solutions, boot args etc, with no luck! So My Ethernet won't work in any way? Is it a Gigabyte board problem?

So I have Vision G and ONLY I225V , I tried every mentioned solutions, boot args etc, with no luck! So My Ethernet won't work in any way? Is it a Gigabyte board problem?
It’s a Monterey problem because this port worked properly in Big Sur. Fortunately we can use a USB-C dock or Thunderbolt dock that has an Ethernet port.

Fortunately we can use a USB-C dock
Thank you so much! I have one for my laptop and didn't think about it! I updated to Monterey and was lost without internet!

Back