Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey Casey,

Thank you for all you do. Just upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey no issues whatsoever. I have also been using firmware F20d with no issues at all since I built my system.
Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.29.09 AM.png

Interesting...both of you have BIOS F20 and your Intel I-225V Ethernet port is working. I'll try this shortly. Fortunately, OpenCore 0.7.5 due as early as tomorrow allows "Resizable BAR Support" to be enabled in BIOS without affecting macOS.

cc: @MacArthur

Hmmm tempting again. New Halloween party.
Can give a try. Will be faster than Big Sur clean install, upgrade to Monterey and then migration assist.
All in all, it was a 4h session :)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even with BIOS F20 the Intel I-225V Ethernet port does not connect in Monterey. :(

Hey Casey,

Thank you for all you do. Just upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey no issues whatsoever. I have also been using firmware F20d with no issues at all since I built my system.View attachment 532789
Glad to hear it! Does your red Ethernet port on the rear IO panel connect and work?

Glad to hear it! Does your red Ethernet port on the rear IO panel connect and work?
Hi Casey,

I am sorry I should have clarified. I don't use the ethernet port or the onboard audio. I use one of the wireless bluetooth cards for wifi/bluetooth and a Scarlett for audio. Sorry about the confusion. Everything else on my computer works great.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even with BIOS F20 the Intel I-225V Ethernet port does not connect in Monterey. :(
Thanks you saved me from another hectic trip :cool:

Did you guys try the following for your Intel I-225V? Remove all kexts, kernel patches, device-ID patches etc., and simply add the following to boot-args: "dk.e1000=0". I have a different Z490 board but this worked nicely for me.

Did you guys try the following for your Intel I-225V? Remove all kexts, kernel patches, device-ID patches etc., and simply add the following to boot-args: "dk.e1000=0". I have a different Z490 board but this worked nicely for me.
Yes, all of that works for me in Big Sur, but not Monterey.

Monterey seems to install but hangs when trying to boot to the desktop. It's stopping about 3/4s the way through. I have been successfully running Big Sur 11.6. I'm on OC 074 using Hackindrom. I'm on SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 because the FCP performance is measurably better. The 10700 expects iMac20,1. Curious, if that might be an issue. Thanks.

Windows 11 doesn't require Secure Boot enabled. I think, the problem with booting Windows is related to Apple-VTD. You can try my SSDT-DMAR.aml or disable Apple-VTD, if my file doesn't work either.

Do you know if your SSDT-DMAR will work with 0.7.5 arriving this week? I suspect if I use the one it will ship with Windows 11 will stop booting.

Back